Options

run, runmodal

navnoobnavnoob Member Posts: 26
Hi, this is probably a very newbie question, but after looking at the Cside guide, app designer guide, and nav Intro and develop book, i still can't tell the difference between run and runmodal and when is one use instead of the other? Can someone help me out please? Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Run means that the form is activated and the rest of the code (if there). continues imediately.

Use runmodal only if you want the code to stop at the run point and continue afterwards.

If a form, dataport or report is run modaly the user cannot do anything besides viewing that form.

Modal is a programming term. Try use google or MSDN for more technical information on this subject.

NOTE:
    If you run anyting modaly you cannot apply changes to the database before that!
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    If you run anyting modaly you cannot apply changes to the database before that!
    I think Mark means that if you are in a transaction, and try to run MODAL an object, then Navision gives you a BIG error-message, saying you cannot do that. The reason Navision works like that is to avoid blocking other sessions.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    See also this to have an example :

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3255