Options

Reports error: report builder was unable to paste successful

nav_studentnav_student Member Posts: 175
edited 2015-06-15 in NAV Three Tier
On Visual Studio 2012 ( with Update 4 installed), i cannot copy+paste some textboxes. It appears the error: report builder was unable to paste successful

How can i fix this?

Comments

• Options
    TimoBoTimoBo Member Posts: 30
    I have the same problem... unable to copy/paste textboxes which contain Code.BlankZero(...)
  • Options
    azatothazatoth Member Posts: 31
  • Options
    ChrischianChrischian Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, I have been an avid reader of mibuso.com for the last couple of years but this issue made me register now to write myself.

Thanks azatoth for the link, but this is not really a solution :( It's more or less just an explanation how to reproduce the error.
    I haven't had this problem in NAV2013 with VS2010, it just occurred now as I tried NAV2013 R2 with VS2012.
    It's extremely annoying and costs us a lot more effort to complete a set of equal looking reports.

Has somebody any idea how to copy fields WITH the contained custom expression?

Copying a field including the expression onto the same location has been a matter of 5 seconds, now it takes an estimated minute, whitch blows our effort to more than a day per report. I don't know how we are supposed to sell this to our customers.

I would appreciate any help :-k
  • Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    Just tested and this is a bug in Visual Studio 2013 as well. ](*,)

I'm so tempted to write a blog post about all the new bugs in VS 2012 and VS 2013 which was not in VS 2010.
    Long blog post though :cry:

/Claus Lundstrøm
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • Options
    fufikkfufikk Member Posts: 104
    I noticed that you can paste textboxes with "Code" in the expression, but only once. For example, I had a fresh, empty report and copied header textboxes from the invoice report. Then I could paste those to my new report. Another attempt at pasting ended with an error.
  • Options
    HansDuttingHansDutting Member Posts: 25
    Is this bug already solved?
    Im having this suddenly today. and see this issue open for what... 5 months now...
    In each version of that wonderfull Visual Studio (sarcasm on) you need to start over again.
    Getting annoyed is an understatement.
    I'm almost at the point I recommend customers to choose other software than NAV 2013 (R2).
    ](*,)
  • Options
    JohnHunterJohnHunter Member Posts: 45
    VS doesn't rename fields on the fly anymore, when you copy/paste
    giving unique table,field,group names etc. helps a lot :)

or create a dummy report rename everything you want to copy and then copy/paste into original report
    i know not nice, but works.
  • Options
    azatothazatoth Member Posts: 31
    clausl found the solution for this...BIG THANKS for that!

http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl/2014/09/05/report-builder-was-unable-to-paste-successfully/
    Option 2, the easy one:
    1. Open the textbox with custom code
    2. Now add a comment after the custom code.
    I.e. “Code.MyCustomeCode() ‘This is my custom code’”
    3. Close the Expression
    4. And copy the textbox