Options

Data upgradation From 200 To 370

Jyoti_KapoorJyoti_Kapoor Member Posts: 56
I am upgrading one of my client's database from 200 US version to 370. It is a huge database of around 14 GB size and is having around 3700000 entries in the table 32 "Item Ledger Entry". The stage II of the data upgrade is continuing from last 5-6 days and it is only 32% completed for the table 32 and 31% completed for the whole stage.
With this pace it seems it will continue another 12-15 days.
We have expanded our database to 30GB size to have enough space.
Is it normal to take this much of time for this big database upgrade or can we do something about it.
Please advise if some one can help.

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    In the upgrade routines, there are calls to a function to lookup the bins in a location. If you don't use bins, you can skip this function call or comment out the code. If I remember correctly, it's the function LocationHasBins in Codeunit 104045 Upgrade 3.70 Step 1.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Thanks for such a quick response.

But we have already done that while we were running the stage I. And as mentioned earlier, we are on stage II. In this also, we have blocked the code which is realted to BIN in ILE.

Can you please advice further for any other possibility of such slow progress in the stage II process of our upgrade.
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Try disabling all but the primary key on large tables (Item Ledger Entry, Value Entry, Item Application Entry) as suggested in:

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3016
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2794

And I asume your are doing the upgrade on a local database and not when you are connected through a Navision server.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Thanks a lot Mr. Luc Van Dyck!

The difference in the speed of the stage II process was amazing. Disabling the keys in 5 tables, ILE, Item Application Entry, Value Entry, Sales Invoice Line and Sales Shipment Line, i.e., the ones with the largest no. of entries, completed our process in around 10-12 hours, which was continuing from last 6 days and was only 32% completed.

Thanks a lot!