Options

Navision Reports Font

JannerJanner Member Posts: 3
Hi, I am creating reports in Navision that need to be in a default font of Arial. Currently I have to change the font properties of each component placed on the report. Is there a way I can setup a default font for reports?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    Two possibilities:

1) When printing the report, before clicking the 'Print' or 'Preview' button, click 'File, Page Setup'. Then choose a 'Default Font'. This setting will be remembered for this report in your .zup file.

2) Modify the 'DeviceFontName' property of the report object. Note, however, that this property only works when the report is sent to a specific print device -- doesn't work well for the usual windows printers setup.
  • Options
    JannerJanner Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way I can set a registry setting or something?

Thanks
  • Options
    besterbester Member Posts: 2
    You can use the toolkit to add the font property with your desired font.
    At first you have to import the reports you want to change.
    After that you can find the objects in the "property" table in the toolkit database. The standard values like <Helvetica> are missing. Special settings are insertet in this table. This is the same behavior like in object- text files. Open the toolkit database with an normal navision client. Create a new report with proceccing only = yes. This report has to insert a new record for every control in the property table without special font settings.
    After that you can export the changed objects with the toolkit directly to your database.

I think this idea should work.
  • Options
    MoehreMoehre Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I ´am an absolutly beginner, sorry.

We have the same problem. The reports have to be in Roman (not Helvetica) because of the Matrix Printer. It´s possible to change the font in the Page Setup. But it is a network printer, so you have to change it each time you install an update.
    We want to change the font in all off the reports, but to change the font in each caption doesn´t go.

How can we solve this Problem? :?:

And what is the "the toolkit database"? :-k

(Don´t look at my horrible english, please :oops: )
  • Options
    besterbester Member Posts: 2
    Download "Navision Developer Toolkit" at mibuso.com

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=394
  • Options
    rkaufmannrkaufmann Member Posts: 71
    @bester

can you give me a bit more detailed description of this proceure.

I'm using Dev-Toolkit every Day, but the property table contains some fields, which I do not know what to fill in.

Thanks,
    Rolf