Options

Adjust Cost Job...

Mehdi.ChahedMehdi.Chahed Member Posts: 14
edited 2004-11-09 in Navision Attain
Hi, :P

I’m trying to solve an Adjust costing problem on a Retail Navision 3.60 SQL BD based on Infostore 4.22. :?

Here is my problem:
As you can guess DB size is huge. Actually, it’s close to 70Gbites.
All hot fixes linked to Stock management are implemented on the system.
Items are manged in Fifo.
Adjust Cost Job have never been executed previously [no comment!]. During that period, and for every month closing, accountants were used to make inputs via Gen. journal to have Item values on G/L...

Actually, When running the Adjust Cost Job, the program enters endless loops for some items. Every time I tried, I was obliged to stop the procedure.

In any case, the DB is too big to be proceeded that way so I’m thinking to modify the Code so that only Value entries of a given period will be treated. Is it feasible :?: Is it correct :?: Any better idea :?:

Thank U for answering.
Mehdi CHAHED
Email: mehdi.chahed@dufry.com.tn
DUFRY TUNISIA

Comments

• Options
    CristinaCristina Member Posts: 35
    Is possible to have some costs with five decimals (some like this 0,00001) and the procedure try to recalculate. (this result is when he make cost/no. of unit and the cost is too low)

Cristina
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    This is from MBS Knowldge Base In Regards to running Adjust Cost.

Of primary importance: users of Navision on Navision 3.60 or MBS Navision 3.70 must be disciplined in running the Adjust Cost Item Entries at the end of the month. In addition, it is recommended that this procedure be run daily or weekly throughout the reporting period to make sure that adjustments are getting created within the correct time period.

Note - The caveat is that this process must be run when other transactions are not being processed because the operation locks tables and prevents entries from posting.

I Also Remember a HotFix For the Infinite Loop Problem. Maybe someone knows it off hand.
  • Options
    chaswinchaswin Member Posts: 54
    I don't think running the adjust cost for a limited period will cause anything other than more misery, especially with fifo where an issue after the cutoff date could be addressing a receipt before the cutoff!

I believe there are 26 or more hot fixes to version 3.6, a lot of which address this and similar issues. We had the same problem in a 3.6 database and were forced to install all 26 hotfixes before the problem was resolved.

Incidentally, if you don't run the adjust cost AND the post cost to GL daily, then your profit calculations will be seriously incorrect!