Options

Metadata for object of type Table with id 140 is in a failed

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
edited 2012-07-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everyone, here's the error

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Metadata for object of type Table with id 140 is in a failed state. This is caused by a previous exception:

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer\source\Record\Record140.cs'.
OK

it pops up when i'm trying to open rtc (any page)...i don't know why it happens, as up to yesterday i was working without problems...the only thing I've done was changing the company name, from "Cronus italia......" to "CRONUS" in order to avoid wrong names, as i'm trying to use webservices.

thanks in advance
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Answers

• Options
    PC restarted and problem solved... :shock: :shock:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Lars_WestmanLars_Westman Member Posts: 116
    I have to bump this thread since I get the same error. The RTC worked fine until the first time I started it with parameters for database and company. After that I get this error regardless if i'm starting the client with or without parameters. ](*,)

Anyone who has sorted this out?

//Lars
  • Options
    gaspodegaspode Member Posts: 19
    I got a similar problem when trying to cut down on the security permissions for a user with the RTC. I ended up with the message:

Metadata for object of type Table with id 2000000073 is in a failed state. This is caused by a previous exception:

You do not have permission to read the Object Metadata table.

Even bumping my security roles back up to SUPER didn't solve the problem.

However, when I restarted my Dynamics NAV Server, eveything came back to normal.
    Woof!
  • Options
    Lars_WestmanLars_Westman Member Posts: 116
    Thank's. Actually I discovered that also.

This is what I got from the support guy at Microsoft:

Dear Lars,

Many thanks for your update. The config file for the Dynamics NAV server is locked so if any changes are made a restart of the service is required.

The XXX.cs file indicates that the RTC debugging is enabled for the Dynamics NAv Server. The Dynamics NAv Server will then dump all the relevant objects in C# format to a specific folder. So it's possible this was enabled? You can find out about various parameters by downloading the help files at IT pro & MSDN link below:

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=eec997be-50c8-4d27-8bf2-fa93c9ac282a&gt;

I am glad the issue is resolved.
  • Options
    maybe restarting pc was too much...i killed a fly with a gun... :mrgreen:
    thanks for the explanation...at least this happens to a customer i won't restart their server :whistle:
    ok...this topic is now "very solved"
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    jmshvicgjmshvicg Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,

Metadata for object of type Table with id 2000000073 is in a failed state.This could be previous exceptions.You do not have permisssions to read the object metadata table.

for the above error i tried your suggestions and i stopped and started NAV service tier but i still face the same problem.Do I need to restart the server system that is installed with NAV Service tier or just servie tier is fine.what is the resolution for this problem?

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    try to recompile the object from the object designer and then restart the server :-k
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    When you have a permission error on the Object Metadata table you need to ensure that you get a Read permission granted for this table through some NAV role, for example ALL or BASIC. Try to add this (remembering to sync security if you're using Enhanced), restart the service and try again.

This permission-specific problem, in conjunction with the "failed state" condition is fixed in SP1.
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    jmshvicgjmshvicg Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,
    Thank you so much,This problem got solved.I imported the User Roles.xml,User permissions.xml files from Navision software CD from the location,CSIDE Client\Progrm Files\MS Dynamics NAV\60\Classic\Company Settings\User Roles.xml,User Role Permissions.xml files through data migration tools.

Thank you all for your help.
  • Options
    Scott_FrappierScott_Frappier Member Posts: 90
    We ran into this issue as well - a quick recompile of the specific object id fixed the issue.

Just an FYI in case anyone else is running into the same issue - just go into the classic client, go to the object, recompile it, and then try again.
    Scott Frappier
    Vice President, Deployment Operations

Symbiant Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.symbiantsolutions.com
  • Options
    LisaSLisaS Member Posts: 1
    A client of mine receives the following error:

Metadata for object of type table with id 2000000072 is in a failed state. This is caused by a previous exception:

Compilation of assembly "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MicrosoftDynamicsNAV\60\Server\
    MicrosoftDynamicsNAVServer\assembly\Record2000000072.dll" failed. This can be caused by differences between binaries in your installation or database. Ensure all installation components are consistenent and up to date. Error details are "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MicrosoftDynamicsNAV\60\Server\
    MicrosoftDynamicsNAVServer\source\Record\Record2000000072.cs(30,12) : error CS0117: 'Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.Business.Application.Record2000000072' does not contain a definition for 'userProfileSelectionSetup'

Please help? This happened for the first time about 3 weeks ago and not for all users. Restarting their pc's fixed the problem. They are now getting this error again and we would like to fix it!!

Anyone?

Thanks,
    Lisa
  • Options
    ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
    Dear Microsoft:
    This problem is *NOT* solved in SP1. It still happens sometimes. When it does, it's necessary to restart the NAV service... usually twice.
    We do not have different client verisons. We have all the necessary permissions. No changes are made to table 2000000073.
    However every once in a while it says that this table is in a failed state, and everyone is unable to access NAV.

- Reinhard