Options

Marking objects in object designer from Import Objects

jensthomsenjensthomsen Member Posts: 173
I have a .fob file containing a large amount of object. Are there any (easy)ways of marking the objects in the "object designer" from the "Import Worksheet"?

Comments

• Options
    Thomas_Hviid_ThornThomas_Hviid_Thorn Member Posts: 92
    If you have 4000 objects in the fob and only want to import 4 ?
    There's no easy way to do that - as far as I know.

One way would be to create an empty database, import all object and export the 4 objects.

Hope this will help you, or someone has a better suggestion.

venlig hilsen :-)
    With Kind Regards
    Thoms Hviid Thorn
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I guess the reason for this question is that one wants to export the existing objects first, before overwrite them with the new version. Therefore, one need an option to mark the objects which are included in a fob-file, export those objects, and then import the fob-file.

But I'm afraid there is no such option available. :(

Maybe some routine could be developed to read the first part of the fob-file (using the FILE-functions, mark the existing objects and export them (using SendKeys). Any takers?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Maybe you could use a filter and mark them using Ctrl+F1 and then View
    Marked only then import

Albert
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I have submitted a download that will hopefully do what you are looking for. It's a great idea and I can't believe there's nothing out there already.

It takes in a fob file then marks the objects in Object Designer. If you specify an export file name then it will export these marked objects to that file.

Hopefully it will be approved and test well (or whatever process they have there). Look for it soon.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Thanks Matt!

Get Fuzzy 8)
  • Options
    HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    YESSSSSSSS !

Waiting for that from years !

I will check the download section every hour till I have it !

Thx Matt !!!
  • Options
    ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    This download doesn't mark the objects in the Object Designer, does it?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Yes, if you open the fob file with Beyond Compare. Select the objects. Right mouse "Compare to clipboard" it will mark the objects in Nav. See the movie.
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    But then you have to buy beyond compare...shouldn't have to pay money for these things.
  • Options
    yes, if you use Beyond Compare for development you can use this plugin. I can change the vbscript, so it works runs without bc, but for this they can use your program.