Options

Maillogging - NAS stops working

willywilly Member Posts: 67
From time to time NAS stops working. I know that it's not related to backup, because it stops also at daytime.

Is there any known solutions to prevent that? :|

The customer have 4.0 SP2 for both NAS and client with the last hotfix.

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    is there anything in event log, when it stops working?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 17.10.2006
    Time: 13:43:52
    User: N/A
    Computer: MFVBSERVER
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: nassql.exe; 4.0.2.22611; 4467b4fb; ntdll.dll; 5.2.3790.1830; 424377d2; 0; 000396d0.
  • Options
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: MFVBSERVER-SQL
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 109
    Date: 05.10.2006
    Time: 13:01:27
    User: N/A
    Computer: MFVBSERVER
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 109 ) in Source ( MFVBSERVER-SQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: This message is for C/AL programmers:

The call to member Subject failed. Collaboration Data Objects returned the following message:
    Clientoperation failed. [Microsoft Exchange-informasjonslager - [E_FAIL(80004005)]]
  • Options
    ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    We once had a similar problem. Microsoft prepared a (partner only) hotfix for that. As far as I remember, it was a change in cu1, cu5064 and cu5065. I guess, it will be included in SP3. Because I dont have access to these fixes anymore, you could contact Microsoft for that.
    Hope this helps
    Thomas
  • Options
    I've been in contact with Microsoft. They havn't mentioned anything about any hotfix. The only advice I got was to reinstall all the involved applications... ](*,)
  • Options
    ovicashovicash Member Posts: 141
    willy wrote:
    I've been in contact with Microsoft. They havn't mentioned anything about any hotfix. The only advice I got was to reinstall all the involved applications... ](*,)

hello willy

Are you using Sql option? If that are there any syncronizations made during the day?
    ovidiu

Best Regards
  • Options
    danlindstromdanlindstrom Member Posts: 130
    The hotfix isnt implemeted in SP3

The hotfix moved the login/loggoff from the CDO.Session to cu1
    Regards
    Dan Lindström
    NCSD Navision 2.00 since 1999 (Navision Certified Solution Developer)
    MBSP Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
  • Options
    jwikmanjwikman Member Posts: 25
    Hi Dan,

Do you remember how this hotfix was implemented? The CDOSession object is used within the processing codeunit (5064, E-Mail - Logging), so I would really like to know how that was solved with cu1 and cu5065.

We've got a 4.01 NAS running MAILLOG. It seems to hang after a while, without events in the event log.

Anyone got a KB or HotFix number?

Thanks!
    /Johannes
  • Options
    danlindstromdanlindstrom Member Posts: 130
    At a webcast 23rd May 2006 presented by Oscar Koeleman
    He spoke about BugID: 11926 during the Q&A session after the presentation

so ask for the solution for BugID: 11926 at MBS support

It hasn't been implemented in SP3 :?

Another reason to why MAILLOG stops is that some spam-senders removes their sender adress. Make sure that you dont logg mails at the mailserver with blank senders
    Regards
    Dan Lindström
    NCSD Navision 2.00 since 1999 (Navision Certified Solution Developer)
    MBSP Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
  • Options
    jwikmanjwikman Member Posts: 25
    I'll try that! :D

It's not implemented in NAV 5 either...

Thanks a lot, Dan!
  • Options
    jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    I've seen some similar useless error messages in a recent project with NAS. It only happened in rare cases.

As of this point MS says there is a problem with the code in NAS but I haven't heard any more yet. As the code for 5.0 Service Pack has already been "frozen" it is unlikely that they will get it resolved in the next while.

I still do not have a full explanation of what the root cause is. It's really crappy.

Although one thing that they did point out to check in anything you build with NAS (if your using XML) is to make sure that the Asynch property is always set to false. This means that the XML engine will wait until the entire document is loaded into memory before working with it.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com