Options

4.00 SP1 Event Log Errors on Citrix Box

TallMikeyTallMikey Member Posts: 40
I have a customer who is running Nav 4.00 SP1 SQL version around 40 users. They get the following Event Viewer messages on both of their Citrix boxes. I "THINK" they are getting it every time a client logs in. They are NOT using business notifications, however this seems to be tied to it (since it references it in the error message!) Can anyone shed some light???

=====

Type: Error

Source: MessageBusAgent

Event ID: 0

Event Time: 3/10/2006 3:43:48 PM

User: n/a

Computer: EXPOMFXP1

Description:

Event message could not be found, but contained these strings: Connection property BN_PublishRetryTime_0 has not been set!

Please make sure that you have properly installed Business Notification Server.

Type: Error

Source: MetadataService

Event ID: 0

Event Time: 3/10/2006 3:43:36 PM

User: n/a

Computer: EXPOMFXP1

Description:

Event message could not be found, but contained these strings: Exception System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port)

is normally permitted

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.StartListening(Object data)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.SetupChannel()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider sinkProvider)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IClientChannelSinkProvider clientSinkProvider, IServerChannelSinkProvider serverSinkProvider)

at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Integration.MetadataService.MetadataProvider.ctor() occured in .ctor

Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port)

is normally permitted

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I believe when you installed the client on Citrix, you installed Business notification componnents. Reinstall the client and make sure you don't install that option.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    I know this is an older thread, however I've got a site now that is in the process of testing business notifications. They do use citrix for many of their clients and they have 1 main server (well 1 for dev & 1 for production so they're close to identical).

But in the environment we've setup we are now seeing this "Exception System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port)" errors (as outlined above). Does anyone have any idea if BN & Citrix are incompatible or if there are just some configuration changes that need to be made?

Anyone else encountered this problem?
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com