Options

menusuite and windows group

cpinacpina Member Posts: 52
¿ How to assign an especific option of the general menu, to a user that as logged in windows group?

I know how to assign an especific option to a user that as logged in windows login....Navigation pane designer, especific option -> assign users....

But, if windows group is used , ¿how to assign a user to a especfic option of menusuite ? The windows login no exists...

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No way, you can assign the menu only to users, not groups... but you can use some tool for that or create your own...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    When setting up the users in Navision, you are creating the records that are possible to select in the Menusuite (when assigning users). If you are using windows groups, you have the record available to assign an entire group on a menu ... and the other way around for seperate user logins.

So ... like Kine said ... not possible ... .

[-X

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    cpinacpina Member Posts: 52
    Thanks for your replies...

Then, I have to create 2 users -> windows login, database user....

1- Because the "synchornize" does not work, and have not users (windows login ) to assign the settings menusuite.

2- Because Table users use "database users" ....
  • Options
    avdbergavdberg Member Posts: 11
    We also want to use assign groups to menu from the Windows Logins. We can assign users from Windows Logins.

I think this has to do with SQL or Native.
    Greetings from,

André van den Berg
    System Administrator
  • Options
    MrWhoMrWho Member Posts: 59
    kine, could you please give me a hint on how I can make my own little work around? As you mentioned?

I just set up a customer today, just using their Active directory / Windows groups and assign this windows groups different roles and everything, worked great. But unfortunately when we came to the point where we wanted to remove some of the menu for this different windows group nothing happend. Since the "assign users" seems to recgnoise the windows user logged in and not the active directory / windows group the user is in....

But hopefully, it will come.. since it makes the administrators life easier.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    the data is stored in menu user level table. You create a generic user and create a report to copy the user level table for the generic user to the new user. That way you don't have to assign or remove for each user from the main menu.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    As ara3n wrote, this is what I mean. You can create batch, which will take settings for one user and will copy the settings for other users in given Windows group (for example...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    And here is the object. that will do it.
    OBJECT Report 50090 Copy User Level Menu
    {
      OBJECT-PROPERTIES
      {
        Date=11/23/06;
        Time=12:12:23 PM;
        Modified=Yes;
        Version List=;
      }
      PROPERTIES
      {
        ProcessingOnly=Yes;
        OnPreReport=BEGIN
                      IF (FromUser = '') OR (ToUser = '') THEN
                        ERROR('Please specify the two users');

//ID,ID Type,Level

UserMenu.GET(FromUser,UserMenu."ID Type"::Database,UserMenu.Level::"User Restrictions");
                      UserMenu.CALCFIELDS(Object);

IF UserMenu2.GET(ToUser,UserMenu2."ID Type"::Database,UserMenu2.Level::"User Restrictions") THEN
                        UserMenu2.DELETE;

UserMenu.ID := ToUser;
                      UserMenu.INSERT;
                    END;

}
      DATAITEMS
      {
      }
      REQUESTFORM
      {
        PROPERTIES
        {
          Width=9020;
          Height=3410;
        }
        CONTROLS
        {
          { 1000000000;TextBox;3300 ;330  ;2750 ;440  ;CaptionML=ENU=Copy from User;
                                                       SourceExpr=FromUser;
                                                       TableRelation=User }
          { 1000000001;Label  ;0    ;330  ;3300 ;440  ;ParentControl=1000000000 }
          { 1000000002;TextBox;3300 ;880  ;2750 ;440  ;CaptionML=ENU=Copy to User;
                                                       SourceExpr=ToUser;
                                                       TableRelation=User }
          { 1000000003;Label  ;0    ;880  ;3300 ;440  ;ParentControl=1000000002 }
        }
      }
      CODE
      {
        VAR
          FromUser@1000000000 : Code[20];
          ToUser@1000000001 : Code[20];
          UserMenu@1000000002 : Record 2000000061;
          UserMenu2@1000000003 : Record 2000000061;

BEGIN
        END.
      }
    }

Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    Hello Ara3n,

Very nice, is it also possible to make something like a matrix so you can set witch menu a users is assign to.
    Greetings from,

André van den Berg
    System Administrator
  • Options
    I don't know if would make sense in a matrix form, but it is possible. I'll leave it up to the user to improve or change the report.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    I mean put the user on more then 1 menu without having very many user combi to copy from.

This wil not work with the report you have created now. This because you are copying the hole record van one user to the other user. How about reading the BLOG in the UserMenu.Level table?
    Greetings from,

André van den Berg
    System Administrator