Options

Print Page button - no default Style Sheet

Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
edited 2013-03-13 in NAV Three Tier
In SP1 there is a Print Page button at the bottom of the Action menus for list and card pages. When I click this it informs me "There is no default style sheet for the program you are exporting to."

Style sheets are set up for Word, Excel and Explorer and the Send To functions work. I find no help on this anywhere. What style sheets does this refer to? Did I miss an episode of Project Runway?
Dave Cintron
Dynamics West
http://www.dynamicswest.com

Comments

• Options
    AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    What specific page are you trying to print from? I can't duplicate the error.
  • Options
    TroelshTroelsh Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 79
    "Print Page" and "Send to.. Recipient as Attachment" uses the stylesheet for Internet Explorer as listed in the "Manage Style Sheets" page.

In that list you can specify specific stylesheets for specific pages if the default stylesheet does not accomodate your needs

Troels Bent Hansen
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ******
  • Options
    Perhaps you did not read my post.
    The Manage style sheets are all set up yet the Print Page gives an error.
    I cannot print any pages, and I don't even know what is supposed to happen when you push the button because there is absolutely no mention of this anywhere in documentation.
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
  • Options
    AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Is this a demo or a client install? Did you have the same issue (or did you try/notice this before) before upgrading to SP1? Also, did you install a SP1 client from scratch or did you upgrade a current install? I'm trying to figure out how I can duplicate the error.
  • Options
    We installed SP1 from the DVD, then created a brand new SQL database. We imported the base objects, then the upgraded objects, then restored the database. There are many new and different problems in the RTC alone. NOTE THAT in the Classic client EVERYTHING WORKS.

- The Print Page function gives the "no Style Sheet defined" error.
    - Export to Excel gives Table and Worksheet errors.
    - Export to Word does not copy any merge fields.
    - Running any report gives a "Table 2000000032 not available error UNLESS you set "UseSystemPrinter" to TRUE.
    - There are no charts and these must be imported one a a time.
    - There are even more issues we have already worked through.

This whole SP1 thing seems to be a case where waiting for the service pack is NO advantage at all.
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
  • Options
    Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    I just tried it on a demo install and it works fine. It uses the style sheet to rendor out the report, looks very similar to sending to excel for a list form.

I think your problem is that the style sheets need to be defined for both pages and forms, however in the client you can only see the setup for forms. I have had this a couple of times recently. If you have the style-sheets defined for a form you can run the table(2000000066) and change the type to a page, but then you will need to reimport the style-sheet for the form again.

With things like the Charts you maybe better off starting with the demo database and then modifying from there instead of building a database clean, it looks like the data on system tables(those in the 2000000000 range) doesn't like restoring unsless its a completely clean database(that includes no objects in there) If you start out with a demo database then you will have the system tables with data. then you can import your mods and restore your company etc. This would also give you all the standard Stylesheets and you Print page issue should go away too.

The Table 2000000032 is a bit strange. Its not a table that has exisited as far as i can see for sometime(if ever) and certainly using the standard objects repotrs run fine with the UseSystemPrinter set to no. What version where the modifications made under? What have you done as part of upgrading them?

Hope some of that helped

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • Options
    As I said above, the Style sheets are all set up.

So does this mean we can never create a new database on SP1, we must always start with the demo!?
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
  • Options
    Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    If you have stylesheets for pages then I don't know what else to suggest, I know they don't appear in the manage stylesheet window as it is hard coded to filter for forms, a bit of a bug there I think, so may be worth double checking the table itself.

And no it doesn't mean you always have to start from the demo, I may be missing something in how I am setting up a new database, Creating a new database and then doing a restore into it before adding any objects seams to bring everything through fine and you can always add stylesheets, charts etc by hand, it may just be faster using a demo company.

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    Have you run the Style sheet tool 2 update for 2009 so that pages will have the style sheet option?

They should be tagged with ,SSTW12.0
  • Options
    Thank you. Running through this process was a big help.
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
  • Options
    MallikarjunaMallikarjuna Member Posts: 64
    Sorry to reopen the issue...

@Dave: How do you resolved the following error.

"There is no default style sheet for the program you are exporting to."

Please help me out.

Thanks in Advance,
    Mallikarjuna
  • Options
    1. Be sure your style sheet tables are filled in, 2000000065 and 2000000066.
    2. Download the Style Sheet tool 2.0 and follow the directions.
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply Dave.

1. Following Data is filled in Style Sheet Form/Page

Form <Common to all forms> Microsoft Excel NavisionFormToExcel.xslt
    Form <Common to all forms> Microsoft Word NavisionFormToWord.xslt
    Form <Common to all forms> Internet Explorer IE Style Sheet.xslt

2. I have Downloaded the Style Sheet tool 2.0 and followed the directions as per the text file found in Style Sheet tool 2.0 tool.

But, I am not able to use the 'Print Page' option and 'Recipient as Attachment' option in 'Send To' Menu Option .

It is giving the same error "There is no default style sheet for the program you are exporting to."

Please do needful...

Thanks in Advance,
    Mallikarjuna
  • Options
    I ran into this too - trying to remember what solved it. Try recompiling all of the objects(yes, all of them).
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply Dave.

I have compiled ALL the objects, but still Iam getting the same below error.
    "There is no default style sheet for the program you are exporting to."

Please look into it.

Thanks in Advance,
    Mallikarjuna
  • Options
    JasminkaTJasminkaT Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 34
    Following style sheets are uploaded and used in demo database:

For export to Word: NavisionFormToWord.xslt
    for Export to Excel:NavisionFormToExcel.xslt
    For Export to IE (on RTC, for Print Page): NavisionFormToHtml.xslt

and a few other functionality-specific ones.

These default style sheets are located in Stylesheet folder of classic client for each product release.
    In demo database, these style sheets are also uploaded into the database (using manage style sheets form/page).
    If you have a new/custom database, these style sheets must be uplaoded manually into the database from style sheet folder
    (again, using Manage style sheet form/page). Tricky thing is, it needs to be done both through manage style sheet form on classic and page on RTC client.

Error 'no default style sheet....' means always only one thing: default style sheet for this application is not uploaded into database for classic/rtc client.

Remember also, if upgrading between versions or even major updates, these style sheets are not upgraded automatically.
    If you had for example version 5.0 and upgraded to 5.0 SP1, style sheets in the database need to be manually updated, by importing style sheets from style sheet folder of that upgrade release, otherwise, old issues will be dragged through versions.
  • Options
    Hi JazzX,

Thank You for your response.

I have uploaded all the below 6.0 SP1 Style Sheets in my customised Database(6.0 SP1 DB) on both Classic and RTC.

For Export to Word : NavisionFormToWord.xslt
    For Export to Excel : NavisionFormToExcel.xslt
    For Export to IE : NavisionFormToHtml.xslt

Still no progress, getting same error msg:"There is no default style sheet for the program you are exporting to."

Please provide any inputs to proceed.

Thanks in Advance,
    Mallikarjuna
  • Options
    This means that the GUID value of your program might be incorrect

So for any of the application names below (word, excel, IE) that reports this error, you can do the following

In classic client, open send-to program table and you'll see a list like this one:
    Program ID Executable Parameter Name
    {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} EXCEL.EXE %1 Microsoft Excel
    {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} WINWORD.EXE %1 Microsoft Word
    {7B2AE575-8FF8-4761-9612-D72C447623B8} IEXPLORE.EXE %1 Internet Explorer

You need to replace the value of the programid wiht the key name of hte applciation on your pc
    (typically found in registry editor, under something like: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\AppID\)

The error implies always only one thing, that there is no default style sheet for that particular programid. It might also mean the program id is wrongly mapped, and this value will typically change with versions.
  • Options
    Hi JazzX,

Thanks for the reply...

In the registry editor (In this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES), I did not found AppID folder. I am using Windows XP SP2 OS.

Please find the attached screenshot for the same and do needful.

Thanks in Advance,
    Mallikarjuna
  • Options
    Location of this key is different in different OS, you'll have to search for Internet Explorer string in registry editor and you should be able to find the key.
  • Options
    Thanks for the immediate reply...

I have changed the Program ID for Internet Explorer in the Send-to Program table as per the registry Editor. (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\InternetExplorer.Application\CLSID) CLSID - {0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}.

Still Same Error.

FYI: The above thing is working fine in Cronus DB RTC, I have replaced the Program ID of Cronus DB (Program ID - {7B2AE575-8FF8-4761-9612-D72C447623B8}) into my customised DB, but my customised DB'S RTC is showing same Error: "There is no default style sheet for the program you are exporting to."

Thanks in Advance,
    Mallikarjuna
  • Options
    Ok so debugging shows the following code is run (codeunit 403):

WordID := '{000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}'; // defined in fin.stx
    ExcelID := '{00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}'; // defined in fin.stx
    IExploreID := '{7B2AE575-8FF8-4761-9612-D72C447623B8}';
    InsertSendToProgram(WordID,'WINWORD.EXE','%1',Text010);
    InsertSendToProgram(ExcelID,'EXCEL.EXE','%1',Text011);
    InsertSendToProgram(IExploreID,'IEXPLORE.EXE','%1',Text018);

So this table needs to be populated wiht these values (which normally happens on Initialize Company).
    Once you set this up in table send-to program, make sure you import correct style sheets for export to each of these application, for all pages, and in both Classic in RTC Client.

If with it you still get the error, contact support :-)
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies...

Send-To Program table is having all the 3 above mentioned Program ID's and also imported 6.0 SP1 Style Sheets. Still Same Issue.

Anybody having any Ideas, please share.

Thanks in Advance,
    Mallikarjuna
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Delete entries in Send-To Programs.
    Delete stylesheets.

Open Object desginer.
    Find codeunit 403.
    Click run.

Restart NAV service.
    Try printing page again.
  • Options
    Hi Tomas,

Thank You Very Much...

Its Done :thumbsup: \:D/

Thanks Again,
    Mallikarjuna
  • Options
    afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
    After upgrading a NAV 4.03 database to 2009 SP1, I was getting the error mentioned in posts above "There is no default style sheet ..." I resolved this as follows (essentially the steps mentioned in the upgrade document for form 690, but adapted to page 697):

1 Run Page 697 Manage Style Sheets - Pages.

2 Select Show - Style sheets common to all pages.

3 Click Functions, Import.

4 In the Style Sheet field, click the AssistButton and browse to the default style sheet folder: C:\Program files\Microsoft
    Dynamics NAV\60\Classic\Stylesheets.
    Select NavisionFormToExcel.xslt.

5. You can fill in the Name field, for example you can enter Default. In the Send-to Program
    field, select Microsoft Excel.

6 Click OK.

Repeat the procedure for the default Word template: NavisionFormToWord.xslt
    Alastair Farrugia
  • Options
    lastgentleman76lastgentleman76 Member Posts: 7
    Hi:

I had read your post, and I have the same problem with my Nav, so I want to do your procedure, however, I can't do the step No. 1.

1 Run Page 697 Manage Style Sheets - Pages.

May you tell me how or where is this option please.

I thank you very much for your help, I am desperate because I can't export from Nav to Excel
  • Options
    I used the Classic Client to run page 697 (from the Object Designer).

You just need to make sure that the RTC opens the desired database by default (if not, you'll have to modify the database name in the CustomSettings.config file).
    Alastair Farrugia
  • Options
    lastgentleman76lastgentleman76 Member Posts: 7
    Hi:

I thank you for your quick answer, I see you use the clasic client, but in my case I am using the CSIDE client, so I think I must do a different procedure, but I don't know how. In other post I did read I could set the style sheet from the menu Tools--Manage style sheet, but when I click on it don't happen anything. I saw there is a folder called "Style sheets" and inside it there are files wiht extention xlst which I think are the correct for export and only I need to set up, but I don't know how do it.

Thanks very much again for your help.

Regards from Mexico
  • Options
    When I said "Classic Client" I meant "Classic Client for SQL". If you're using that client, then my steps should work.

Alternatively, it may be simpler to use form 690, instead of page 697. In the Classic client for Nav Database Server, you have to use forms, as pages only work in RTC (and RTC only works with SQL databases).
    Alastair Farrugia