Options

NAV 2009 Management v1.0.0

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
edited 2009-07-30 in Download section
NAV 2009 Management
Application for NAV 2009 Service Tier and WebService management. Allows you to start/stop the services, create new services, remove services, configure services. Good for developers working with more databases. Able to do it on remote machine (if all set correctly).

It is first beta version.

- .NET port sharing service must be running
- user must have enough permissions
- when running newly created services, the default service must be stopped (it doesn't support port sharing by default)
- based on example from this blog: https://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/archive/ ... tiers.aspx

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1037

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Update can be downloaded temporarily from this url.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    boxerkeboxerke Member Posts: 24
    I really would love to use this tool as I mainly have to do it all through Command prompt or Batch scripts.
    Although i cannot get it to work. Everything is open like you said. Also the NET Sharing port as I already used to get it working with manual configuration.

I get the follwoing error:

Maybe this can help you to debug it. Like you will see i'm using a Vista desktop.
  • Options
    There are some problem with this version when the NST is not installed or the Fraddy's batches were already used. I have created new version, which you can download from my blog (NAV2009_NST_Management_1_0_0_debug.zip). I will upload it to Mibuso in some short time. Main problem is, that Freddy's batches are moving the folder from original position which is saved in registry to new one and the application is assuming, that the folder is there where it should be.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    There are some problem with this version when the NST is not installed or the Fraddy's batches were already used. I have created new version, which you can download from my blog (NAV2009_NST_Management_1_0_0_debug.zip). I will upload it to Mibuso in some short time. Main problem is, that Freddy's batches are moving the folder from original position which is saved in registry to new one and the application is assuming, that the folder is there where it should be.

This did solve the problem indeed ;) Nice work both of you. Its much easier to manage now, then I used to do it before.

Maybe one small question about what you say off the default folder:

Does it work for peoples who install the Dynamics NAV 2009 in a different folder then? We are doing a lot of development and we rename each folder to the version of NAVision we are using. In our case default map will be c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009

As I see how he tries to create the new instances he will probably wanna copy the service folder to make a second instance when using the NET.TCP.Port.Sharing.service but looking at the wrong default standard folder.

But I didn't see anything in setup that I can change the location he should look after. Maybe that could be a good addon to make users also choose where they have installed Navsion 2009.
  • Options
    The default original path is read from registry, where isset during setup based on what you select as the install folder (see HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic Client\W1 6.0). It means it should be correct (e.g. for me the path is in "c:\Program Files(x86)\..." because I am on 64bit OS). After new version will be released, I will need to add some setup to make difference between the versions. I will add some selection of version into the dialogs and read the path from correct registry path...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    The default original path is read from registry, where isset during setup based on what you select as the install folder (see HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic Client\W1 6.0). It means it should be correct (e.g. for me the path is in "c:\Program Files(x86)\..." because I am on 64bit OS). After new version will be released, I will need to add some setup to make difference between the versions. I will add some selection of version into the dialogs and read the path from correct registry path...

I will be waiting for your update then ;) As far as I can see, it will make the setup much easier.
  • Options
    Just want to correct: the path in registry is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service\W1 6.0 (the previous path was for classic client... :-))
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
    NAV 2009 Management v1.0.0
    Application for NAV 2009 Service Tier and WebService management. Allows you to start/stop the services, create new services, remove services, configure services. Good for developers working with more databases. Able to do it on remote machine (if all set correctly).

It is first beta version.

- .NET port sharing service must be running
    - user must have enough permissions
    - when running newly created services, the default service must be stopped (it doesn't support port sharing by default)
    - based on example from this blog: https://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/archive/ ... tiers.aspx

Version 1.0.0:
    Updated version with more checks e.g. when NST is not installed on local machine or Freddy's batches were already used.

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1037

Discuss this download here.
  • Options
    I made the code Public. You can use git versioning system to make changes/updates to the code if you wish. The project is available there:

[url=git://github.com/kine/NAV_NST_Management.git]git://github.com/kine/NAV_NST_Management.git[/url]

I hope that this tool will grow into superb tool for NST management and administration...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.