Options

Check 1401 has extra zero's (.00) are present ie 50.00.00

itsandsllcitsandsllc Member Posts: 13
edited 2015-05-11 in NAV Three Tier
I've searched and tested and worked with another consultant so this is why I am posting a new topic.

On NAV2013 R2 NA, on a upgraded client database (from NAV 2009 R2) we are experiencing the following behavior.

On the standard check report the amount when paying a check with no cents IE $50.00 the output on the check line for the amount field on the check will show 50.00.00

This does not occur on standard cronus database or any other database we have upgraded.

Here is what I have done. Added country region code to company information and bank setup, I know this can cause an issue with 'CA' text in the dollar amount words. Checked the report exported against an unmodified database with no difference identified. Exported the rdlc from this database and cronus and compared in custom vs 2012 solution and tested - the issue is present on the upgraded version but not the std cronus. Compared the exported dataset's and there are some small differences but nothing out of the ordinary (probably missed something) only noticed changes in things like check no's and vendor invoice number applications - nothing jumped out at me from the datasets the amount results look the same and there are no changes to the reports they are both standard but in the upgraded database the check still shows $50.00.00. I have also re-ran code unit 2 company initialize - shot in the dark but hey.... worth a try. I have checked MSDN, updates, partnersource, and search google. I have also gone through every application setup area I can think of.

All of this leads me to believe this has to be related to some setup elsewhere in the application front end that I'm not aware of and can't find. I just don't know where and have exhausted my options at this point. ](*,)

Thank you in advance for any help.

Comments

• Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    The NAV / Windows interface does not always work and it gets confused about the country.
    The best way to fix this problem is to do your formatting in NAV, append the extra zeros needed when needed. There is logic in NAV already to count the number of decimals - than pass the correctly formatted amount to the check program.
    The other gotcha in the North American edit is the check translation report that thinks US Dollars miraculously become Canadian dollars.
    You should change the multi-language for the text variable for US Dollars to be US Dollars for other languages.
  • Options
    itsandsllcitsandsllc Member Posts: 13
    I have taken a look at the variables, and thank you for your reply.

I guess my big issue after check all windows regional settings / etc is that how come this is not an issue on the many customers who have been upgraded and in Cronus. Why is this only an issue on this upgraded database.

I know alterations to the check layout can be pretty common but I should not have to nor have I ever needed to change the original code in the check - granted maybe adding an extra field to the stub but never a change for something like this.

It just doesn't make sense - there has to be something else and this sort of thing drives me crazy. :x

Anyone else have any idea's, comments ?

Any MVP out there... that'd be great. Thanks. [-o<
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I have found running the checks on different PCs will produce different results.
    There is probably some Windows setting that is different.

Sometimes it is just easier to fix what you understand.
  • Options
    generaljimgeneraljim Member Posts: 8
    This is one that drove us crazy as well. We dug down and found that in table 272 - Check Ledger Entry - the field number 8 - Amount - had GetCurrencyCodeFromBank set as the AutoFormatExpr property (I believe that's the one. We've removed it from every copy we have!). We just put that in the Description of the field instead so we wouldn't forget that this was the thing that killed us, and life was sweet again. Give it a try and see if this solves your problem I hope it helps!