Options

Status of Purchase Header is not updated in Change Log Entry

sarancsaranc Member Posts: 4
Hi all,

My client faced an issue with Change Log entry. They are using NAV 6.0SP1.
With Change Log Setup, they already set All Fields for 3 types: insert, modify and delete.
However, when they change Status of P.O, modification is not updated as expected.
I already checked code 423, but nothing has been pointed out.

Does anyone faced the same and has solution in this case.
Helping is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Changing the status of an order is done by C/AL code and not directly by the user. This means that the OnGlobal-trigger is NOT fired. You should run the OnGlobalModify-trigger yourself with both versions of the record.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Thanks Kriki. OnGlobalModify trigger is not fired in this case, and it works well when calling LogModification() function locally in 2 versions of record.

But it was confused the reason why Change Log entry is not updated. As you said that changing status is done by C/AL Code, not directly by the user.
    I see some fields which related to amount in Purchase Line are also updated in Change Log when Status of header is changed. So in this case, the amount is calculated by C/AL Code, not by user.
    Is there any different that makes distinct actions?
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Probably the logging function is called by the codeunit when changing the status.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Thanks for your help. Issue is solved with modification on Changing status Codeunit :)