Options

Client Crash

mabl4367mabl4367 Member Posts: 143
Hello experts!

Some of our users experience client crashes when doing certain actions in the sales order form. The same action does not always crash the client.

I have a theory that maby the code in the OnTimer trigger that updates the subforms takes too long to execute and that the instanses of calls to this trigger sometimes stacks up untill there is a problem with the memory and/or operating system.

Could this be the problem?

Comments

• Options
    FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    You might also want to check whether the users are running forms inside NAV in fullscreen or in normal window mode. NAV behaves differently in these cases.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • Options
    rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    mabl4367 wrote:
    Hello experts!

Some of our users experience client crashes when doing certain actions in the sales order form. The same action does not always crash the client.

I have a theory that maby the code in the OnTimer trigger that updates the subforms takes too long to execute and that the instanses of calls to this trigger sometimes stacks up untill there is a problem with the memory and/or operating system.

Could this be the problem?

You use an OnTimer trigger on sales subforms for refreshing? [-X

You know that there is a built in refresh option in NAV by design, don't you? Ctrl+Alt+F5
  • Options
    mabl4367mabl4367 Member Posts: 143
    Actually the parent form may update the tables of the subforms. If the subforms in turn then have certain fields updated this triggers yet more updates of the parent form and the other subform.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) I will try to not use this, because performance. There is better to teach users how to do it "in NAV way" than forcing the forms update automatically
    2) Do not forget that there is another way how to refresh parent from subform (using XMLDom and their triggers)
    3) You can get into endless loop when updating in top-down order and than bottom-up.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.