Options

How to integrate crystal report with Navision

mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
Hi experts,
Would anyone please let me know that how we can integrate crystal reports with Microsoft dynamics Navision.
Mukesh Sharma

Comments

• Options
    lubostlubost Member Posts: 616
    What are you meaning by "integrate". You can use Crystal reports via ODBC to any database. You "only" need a knowledge of data model.
  • Options
    Yes I am using ODBC ofcourse, My mean of integration is that I want to run the existing reports of navision through Crystal. Is it possible, as I did not found any such things??
    Will you please guide me for this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    muksha wrote:
    I want to run the existing reports of navision through Crystal.

That statement doesn't make much sence - unless you mean you want to recreate the Navision reports in Crystal and then run the New Crystal Reports you created.

And if you are talking running Crystal Report FROM or IN Navision that's totally different.

Here's One way
    http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/thread/3562.aspx
  • Options
    Thanks Harry,
    Yes my mean was exactly the same. My requirement is that we have made around 50 customised reports for our customers. Now he wanted to see it graphically too. So the same reports we have to recreate through crystal and show them the graphical view. My meaning was weather is there any way to copy the same format in crystal from navision reports or we again has to recreate the format. This I am asking b'coz if I have to recreate it this may lead to increase my work.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • Options
    well you can't just copy a reports c/al code & paste in crystal to make it work.

but in crystal you can create the report fairly quickly without any sorting limitations. PLus it's unlimited so you don't have to worry if your customer only purchased only 100 reports (50000 to 50100) for exmaple.

with th pdf example on the link you can list 100's of customized reports and have them click on it while still in navision.
  • Options
    Thanks Harry for guidance. Now I got your point and make the new reports using crystal.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • Options
    ecclecticecclectic Member Posts: 176
    can crystal be used with navision without using odbc?
  • Options
    No, crystal reports can't be used without using ODBC.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • Options
    How would you connect to the database?

There are other ways to connect to crystal like copying your data to excel and connect thru excel but why take the extra step.

http://savatage99.googlepages.com/Cryst ... ctions.JPG