Options

compatibility of navision with Sarbense OxlayAct

lewislewis Member Posts: 2
my question is basically about the sox compliance which i can map iwthin the navision so as to assure minimal human intervention to cater best controls in the organisation.
Do let me know incase u are aware about the companies needs to submit the attestation report on th ecompliance iwth Section 404 using navision 5.00 version.

Comments

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Umm... Can you repeat that question? Navision 3.x and 4.x is already compliant.

Besides, 5.00 is not even out yet.
  • Options
    Paul_CrinsonPaul_Crinson Member Posts: 20
    This is a bit more helpful. MBS produced a document stating how Navision complies. The report is called Sarbanes-Oxley Act .doc You should be able to obtain a copy from your MBS rep.

If I knew how to add an attachment I would do so.

Regards

Paul
  • Options
    Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    Are we sure we're talking about the correct things? SOX is more an aspect of managing your company's standard operating procedures to prevent users from accessing things not part of their jobs, users working within their required job descriptions with a segregation of duties, and making sure changes to the ERP system are managed, tested, and documented.

I would highly recommend getting a SOX consultant if you are worried about compliance. There are obviously things that SOX compliance relies upon within the ERP system, making sure that it can handle adequate security, etc., but most of the SOX certification work is people and process related.
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Interesting subject. Where can I find more information about SOX? (exept in my bedroom drawer).
  • Options
    Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    Interesting subject. Where can I find more information about SOX? (exept in my bedroom drawer).

http://www.sarbanes-oxley.com/, and really it only applies to corporations that report financials within the United States. Canada has worked out a similar law and it is being ramped up by a lot of companies in preparation for when the drop-dead date is reached (when everyone will need to comply). Other countries will most likely adopt similar laws.

In a nutshell, SOX is all about visibility and credibility to shareholders for US corporations, so that shareholders know what's going on within the corporations. It is supposed to prevent scandals like what happened within Enron and WorldCom.
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Ah I understand. Thank you. :mrgreen:

I thought it was some general security thing. :oops:
  • Options
    MarkD33MarkD33 Member Posts: 25
    This is a bit more helpful. MBS produced a document stating how Navision complies. The report is called Sarbanes-Oxley Act .doc You should be able to obtain a copy from your MBS rep.

Here's a link to the Navision White Paper on how Navision complies w/SarBox. This is on PartnerSource, so if you're a customer, send the link to your partner and request the document.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/navision/documentation/whitepapers/msnavandsarbanes-oxley.htm?printpage=false

Mark
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Upcoming version NAV 5.1 forum to Navision forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!