Options

Change standard profit calculation in Navision 4.0 SP1

fiona_twomeyfiona_twomey Member Posts: 20
Hi there,

I have been asked to change this calculation in a customer implementation to user Last Direct Cost to calculate the profit instead of Unit Cost.

Appart from change the calculation on the Item table is there anywhere else I should change it.

On this site there are 2 other areas I need to change it, i.e. Sales Prices screen as we have changed this to show profit and profit % and also codeunit Purch.-Post as we have changed this to update Last Direct Cost when goods are received. In Sales Prices screen I would need to ensure I change the profit calculation and in codeunit I would need to update profit when Last Direct Cost has been changed.

What I'm wondering, without going through all objects manually, is there anyway to ensure that profit is always re-calculated when Last Direct Cost or Unit Price is changed?? Or is it even necessary for me to investigate this?

Thanks,

Fiona

Comments

• Options
    colingbradleycolingbradley Member Posts: 162
    As for recalculating the profit, where will it stop?
    If you open a posted sales invoice and F9 you get a calculation.
    Should this change over time?
    Generally, the profit is got from the posted entries by you stating in a report or form what you want, the last cost is a moving target so no report can be suggested as accurate.

In terms of what the user may see in a sales entry screen for working out the minimum margin allowed, it is a reasonable thing to have the most recent cost used, but what if there is a PO with a new and as yet unposted higher or lower cost?

To find every place where the calculation may be could be time consuming but you could try exporting all objects to .txt and with something like Textpad, do a search to find all the code that may be relevent.
    Experience is what you get when you hoped to get money