Options

Tolerance in PO

ashbhardwajashbhardwaj Member Posts: 89
Dear
One of my client wants to have Tolerance Limit in Purchase Order
example:PO Quantity is 100 & clients want's to receive the Quantity which is > Quantity up to some percentage i.e may be 10% .

I suggest the amendment method i.e to change the quantity of po to that Qty. to receive but client does not wants to change it.

What is the Proper Solution

Thanks
Ashish

Comments

• Options
    HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    Why your customer does not want this change of quantity ? If it is simply for some kind of "historical" purpose, you can easily save the Quantity in a new field "Historical Qty" on the line, then change the std quantity ...

We make this kind of little dev for a lot of our customers ...

IF it is for another reason, do you know why ?
  • Options
    radianisradianis Member Posts: 49
    Hi ashbhardwaj,

HalMdy is correct, just create 'original qty' field in purchase line. Use this field to enter the qty order, then change coding to copy 'original qty' to 'qty' let say when release PO. Then use this 'original qty' as your qty on your PO document printing instead of 'qty' and hide the 'qty' to reduce confussion.

If your quantity is higher, just change the field 'qty' manually or using coding. Try to limit percentage on quantity using coding in 'qty' field. Then you can receipt to quantity higher...

From customer perspective they will not see the change in original qty and percentage limit also working with some coding.

cheers,

Radianis
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    There's a whole bunch of things that you can do. You could also modify the Quantity to Receive OnValidate trigger to re-open the order, change the quantity and release the order again. You could also add a field called 'Real Quantity to Receive', and at posting you make sure that the quantity field on all lines are set to the real quantity, so you only re-open the order once.

At the heart of all of these solutions is that whatever you do, you implement it in such a way that "behind the scenes" to process the way that Navision wants you to process. It doesn't make sense ti re-write the system, but if you do custom processing you make it look different, and with the new data you make it act like regular Navision.
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    I would suggest to use HalMdy's solution. DenSters suggestions are also quite good, but if you choose them they must be 200% bug-free and well-designed with regard to error messages and everything, because behind-the-scenes magic might confuse users - f.e. if they got an error message that Quantity must not be changed.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    right... that's why I said you re-open the order, change the quantity, then release it again. You have to actually know what you're doing of course :).
  • Options
    ashbhardwajashbhardwaj Member Posts: 89
    Dear All
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    This type of requirement i faced at 2-3 clients where there is steel Industry setup.
    bcoz the sale & purchase in Mettric Tonn so they allow the Tolerance of 10% of quantity both in sale & purchase.

I am trying this method : In sales line table on "qty. to ship" field
    if "Qty. to ship"-quantity>10% of quantity then
    Quantity="Qty. to ship";
    validate(quantity)
    it's working only for Sales Order but when we try to create the order from blanket Order then it stuck in Recursive Loop as at that time it again move to validation of Qty. to ship in Table 37.

Still I am confuse what to do.

Ashish
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Why don't you just create a new quantity field that validates qty. to ship and validates quantity if necessary, and hide qty. to ship? And besides, it might save original quantity in some other new field for later analysis reasons.