Options

Confusing about Production BOM unit of measure

mark_christsmark_christs Member Posts: 156
Dear All,
I would like to ask you to explain about the production BOM unit of measure and the function and application example of weight field in the production BOM line. I am confused why the production BOM unit of measure can be different with parent item's unit of measure ?
And raw materials in the production BOM line is the same as parent item's unit of measure. Also, how to use weight field in the production BOM line, how could it be applied ? thanks you very much beforehand.

rgds,
Mark

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    The unit of measure on production bom line needs to be there is to make it easier to build the item. For example if are building a birthday cake. and the matterials use use let's say flower, You could say in order to make this cake, you need 3 pounds of flower, or in europe you would say 3 kilograms, but let's say you don't have the time to weigh the flower. You could just say 1 bag of flower, if you carry the flower in bags.
    So the parent (Cake) UOM would be EACH, but the component (flower) could be pounds, KG.
    The weight on production bom is only used to calculate Quantity.

Quantity := ROUND(Weight * "Quantity per",0.00001);
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I know that there were some bugs in using another UM as base in Manufacturing, but I do not know details right now... :-(
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I'm trying to remember, there was a bug in MRP that had the issue with component UOM and bom for replenishment.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
    I think the bug is not considered when SP2 is released because I don't see it in the error fixed explanation of manufacturing in SP2. So, it will be confused to this forum if there is really a bug in SP1. I don't think that the SP2 developing team will disregard it.

rgds,
    Johnson