Options

Grouping sales orders into 1 Production Order

krioskrios Member Posts: 3
I have a customer that currently uses an in-house program to create "work orders" and record their production daily in Navision using assembly lists and BOM journals. They want to convert to Navision's manufacturing and production orders. Their current process allows them to group all sales orders scheduled to be shipped for a day onto 1 work order and that is what the manufacturing floor produces that day. All the items they sell are similar anyway except for the packaging.

I know Navision's production orders can be created by item, sales order, or family. However their processes are neither of the 3. It is the closest to a family but that is a pre-defined list and this would be more on-the-fly.

Has anybody had this situation before? The customer is not interested in Navision planning and only need a simple production (work) order system. They have to move to Navision's production orders so they can start using lot number tracking and some of the other features.

I thought about maintaing Navision's current functionality of 1 item per production order and simply creating a new form that groups them by due date. However, it would be nice to have all items on 1 order.

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    I have the same situation.
    You can create a new option for "Source Type" on the production order. This because "Source Type", "Source No." and quantity is just for use on the order, so a new type is not a problem.
    You need to create a report (or codeunit, or whatever) to put the sales lines on 1 production order, just like you would do manually to put more lines on a production order.
    You can also create some new fields on the lines for the sales order+line to have a connection.
    Of course you cannot use MPS/MRP to create Production Orders for these sales lines.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
    I thought about maintaing Navision's current functionality of 1 item per production order and simply creating a new form that groups them by due date. However, it would be nice to have all items on 1 order.

I think if you want to produce items that has the same item numbers but with different shipment dates in one sales order and one production order, you can use sales order planning windows to create production order with project order type as an option. if that's what you mean. And in the Firm planned Prod. Order, the source type will be sales header.
    I know Navision's production orders can be created by item, sales order, or family. However their processes are neither of the 3. It is the closest to a family but that is a pre-defined list and this would be more on-the-fly.

Don't you want to try to use simulated production order ? and use production order routing when you want the production order more on-the-fly ? Using production order routing, it can lead you to task list, load and calendar of a machine or work center. so you can try to offer the company these options.

rgds,
    Johnson Alonso

"back to the fronts"
  • Options
    sailorsailor Member Posts: 15
    Meanwhile this is an old topic, but I got the same problem.

I'd like to combine serveral items from several sales orders into one production order. I agree to introduce a new option into the source type.

What are your experiences today and what have you changed to solve that problem?
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Well the change works fine. Until now no problems came up.
    I can't remember exactly where I had to change something, but the option-field is used in few places.
    If you want to know where, you can use the Navision developer toolkit to search for it.

I remember adding the option and creating a routine to create that kind of production orders.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!