Options

Travel plans for the MiBuSo conference

David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
edited 2009-05-13 in General Chat
For those going to the conference, what are your travel plans.

My initial plan was to arrive early Thursday morning and fly Friday some time back for early morning flights with taxis and stuff, it would mean getting there after 10:30, which is not good I think.

The other option would be arrive Wednesday and then fly back Thursday night, but that would mean missing the "good stuff" :mrgreen:

So looks like either missing the key note, or spending an extra night. :-k

On the same topic, Luc could you list on the conference web site some suggested hotels.
David Singleton

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    On the same topic, Luc could you list on the conference web site some suggested hotels.
    A list of hotels is already available on the venue-page: http://www.mibusoconference.com/venue.asp -> http://www.inenuitmechelen.be/en/toeris ... tels.phtml

Looks like another good idea, right? ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Yes I saw the link to that web page, but i was hoping that you would have a list of recommended hotels, since you are local. But no problem, I can find a hotel on the web.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    These hotels were recommended by the venue responsible:

Hotel Vé: http://www.hotelve.com/engels/home.htm
    Het Gulden Anker: http://www.guldenanker.be/en
    Novotel: http://www.accorhotels.com/frm_fiche_ho ... 54&liste=1
    Den Wolsack: http://www.denwolsack.com/
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    \:D/ thats what I was looking for thanks....
    David Singleton
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that I will be looking for some cheaper hotels, if nobody will sponsor my travel... :-k

David, have you already selected the hotel? I will try to choose the same...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    I think that I will be looking for some cheaper hotels, if nobody will sponsor my travel... :-k
    Have a look at this one: http://www.hobbithotel.be/index.html
  • Options
    I have reservation in "Den Wolsack" hotel (99EUR per night single room).

Arriving: 13.5. 12:25 on airport (OS367 from Vienna)
    Departure: 15.5. 13:45 (OS368)

If someone wants to join me on the trip... 8) mainly from Airport to Mechelen...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    I have reservation in "Den Wolsack" hotel (99EUR per night single room).

Arriving: 13.5. 12:25 on airport (OS367 from Vienna)
    Departure: 15.5. 13:45 (OS368)

If someone wants to join me on the trip... 8) mainly from Airport to Mechelen...

Is this close to the venue?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    It is in city center. Just 2km to Utopolis (24 min walk).

Google map
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    What are the hotels that you have picked to stay during the mibuso.conference?

I know hotel "Den Wolsack" is one of them. What other hotels are booked by you?
  • Options
    apankoapanko Member Posts: 70
    Hello

What is approximate price for taxi from Brussels Airport to Utopolis (Google says about 26km)?
    Accuracy +/- 10euro will be acceptable.
  • Options
    apanko wrote:
    What is approximate price for taxi from Brussels Airport to Utopolis (Google says about 26km)?
    Accuracy +/- 10euro will be acceptable.
    According to the website http://www.taxi2airport.be/index.php?lang=en&site=/ , it costs 29 EUR for a trip from Brussels Airport (Zaventem) to Mechelen (if you book the trip in advance).
  • Options
    Tarek_DemiatiTarek_Demiati Member Posts: 112
    I will also be staying at the Den Wolsack Hotel
  • Options
    Is anyone planning to fly in on Thursday morning?
    David Singleton
  • Options

14.05.2009 at 08:25
    start from Prague at 7:00 ;)
  • Options
    apanko wrote:

So you are flying though Prague, or are you already here?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    apanko wrote:

So you are flying though Prague, or are you already here?

I'll arrive in Prague 13.05.2009 at 15:40. I'll spend one night in Prague (metro Dejvicka).
  • Options
    MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
    I was going to be going by car from Frankfurt, however the two people coming with me have decided they are too busy now to be able to attend. We were hoping to meet a lot of developers and maybe even do a little head hunting for our team :) Seems there is not too many unemployed developers heading over though!

I may still go, so possible I might opt to go by train. Not decided yet.
  • Options
    Mauddib wrote:
    ...We were hoping to meet a lot of developers and maybe even do a little head hunting for our team :) ...

I really do hope that this is not going to be a reason for people going. Even a rumor tat this is a purpose for the Conference will have Partners concerned and thus not sponsor their employees going there. In the current market, if a partner thinks it's employees might get poached at events like this, they simply wont send them.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
    Nah, im pretty sure thats just the reason why *i* was going, and only part of the reason at that. Mostly I was just keen to buy beers for some of the people who have been so helpful on here over the years.

Same as any conference really. Im sure there are head hunters at ANY conference. At least I was only going to be targeting the unemployed ones :). Id would be naive to think that there isnt people at any conference who would target anyone who would come over! They are, thankfully, a minority however.
  • Options
    Ah ok, that makes sense.

In fact for unemployed people with NAV skills looking for a job, this has got to be the place to be. At Convergence its just too big to find the person that matters, Directions is not open to unemployed people. So this really is the only opportunity for people like that. And the cost is very cheap.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    I have just finished my checkin for tomorrow flight. See you in Mechelen.... \:D/
    (I assume that I will be on hotel around Wed 15:00, after that I will roam through the city. If you want to join me, send me e-mail till 20:00 CET today, I will send you my phone no. you can contact me on).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    right now i am in Mechelen enjoying my food. see you all tomorrow!
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.