2»

Comments

• Options
    djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    garak wrote:
    or press ESC to close an window :roll:

This one is horribly pervasive...

How about:

You realize that they changed all the shortcut keys in NAV 2009 and wonder if an insanity defense would be solid in the event you ever met the person who signed off on that at MS and murdered them.

<edited to add>
    Now that I've read the whole thread, honorable mention to F8 to copy from above in Excel and Alt+F1 in Outlook

As for writing macros in Excel to emulate the insert and delete rows? I am a dork, and you are my king!

</edit>
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    end your phrases in documentations with a semicolon instead of a fullstop ](*,)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    abartonicekabartonicek Member Posts: 162
    When you use F11 in Word to check spelling :mrgreen:
    Better to be critical then self-critical :)
  • Options
    you are in the middle of the development of a request page/form, you declare some variables, you have write a dozen lines of code, you hit F11 and nav crashes... :evil: :evil:
    i got so angry when it happens that after redoing the modification and rewriting my code, i save without compile and then hit f11. at that point there will probably be a typo in the naming of the variable and nav crashes again...
    Then, i start to insult nav with phrases like "who is the b*****d now?!?!F**k!!ahahah!!" (in italian), because i saved the program before compiling it...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    rmpatel22rmpatel22 Member Posts: 80
    When error comes in any other application and try to press "Ctrl + C" to copy it and paste it to Notepad !!!

(Many times when I am getting unknown error message in Navision, most of the time I am pressing press "Ctrl + C" in Naivision and "Ctrl + V" in Notepad. And then searching error message part in Mibuso :D )
    Rakesh Patel
    Navision Developer
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Me too. May be it is good idea to create application, which will automatically take the text, extract the main message and search it on mibuso automatically... :idea:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    kine wrote:
    Me too. May be it is good idea to create application, which will automatically take the text, extract the main message and search it on mibuso automatically... :idea:

Now with getlasterrortext & http://www.lmsmfy.com it looks possible :mrgreen:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd355270.aspx
    http://lmsmfy.com/?q=KEYWORD(+More Keywords)
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    When you know the object ids and can describe keystroke for keystroke over the phone, without even looking at the screen, how to do a modification to someone who doesn't know how to write C/AL. :lol:
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just off topic, but connected my previous post: there is the app for you... http://code.google.com/p/theartofnav/do ... p&can=2&q=

Just run it, if there is some error in NAV on screen for some time, it will show you balloon with it and if you click it, it will search mibuso for you (or you can search from context menu directly too).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    Just off topic, but connected my previous post: there is the app for you... http://code.google.com/p/theartofnav/do ... p&can=2&q=

Just run it, if there is some error in NAV on screen for some time, it will show you balloon with it and if you click it, it will search mibuso for you (or you can search from context menu directly too).
    just tried it out... i'll start crying :cry: ...this can't be true...have you really done it :cry:
    congratulations!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    kine wrote:
    Very nice, I've put a link on msdynamics.de for this. Can be used to search other phpBB-forums too. :)
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    When you start to write this kind of programs :
    kine wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Joe_MathisJoe_Mathis Member Posts: 173
    Was shown a error message on a printed sheet of paper and tried to click it out of the way with the mouse. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    field "Vendor Item No." on item card.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    When you count the number of times the same set of Navision code will be recursively loaded into memory before it crashes!
    (was 73 - somebody entered and backed out the same lot more than 73 times, which Navision costing logic was not equipped to handle)
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    15) in visual studio you try to define variables from the View menu
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    when you get this compiling error and start laughing like a fool :mrgreen:
    Type conversion is not possible because 1 of the operators contains an invalid type.

JOKER := VOID
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    When you write
    MESSAGE('%1',ISSERVICETIER);

in NAV versions below 2009.

In NAV 5.0 & 5.0 SP1, the result is, surprisingly enough,
    No
    In NAV 4.0 SP3, the result is, as expected,
    You have specified an unknown variable.

ISSERVICETIER

Define the variable under 'Global C/AL symbols'.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    I tried to download navision 1.00.B and i found that it contains only an fdb file.
    I said: let's open it with my nav2009r2 and see what happens
    The database cannot be opened by this version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic. The database has already been converted by a newer version.

You must upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic to open the database.
    :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Belias wrote:
    I tried to download navision 1.00.B and i found that it contains only an fdb file.
    When you start downloading way too old versions of NAV just to see what you'd get :mrgreen:
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Belias wrote:
    I said: let's open it with my nav2009r2 and see what happens
    The database cannot be opened by this version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic. The database has already been converted by a newer version.

You must upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic to open the database.
    :mrgreen::mrgreen:

1.00 had a major problem with how options were handled, so to move from 1.0 to 1.1 you had to back up restore. And you had to then run a program to fix up the options.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    ArmondsArmonds Member Posts: 66
    Instead of admin You write Super.
  • Options
    ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    Kowa wrote:
    7) If you press F3 or F4 in Excel to insert/delete rows.
    OMG, I am not alone!
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    ... press F8 to copy from above line. Or F6 to look something up, but wrong program :oops: Happens all the time in excel to me.