Options

Nav. Db Server registration on Active Directory problem

jakubhojnackijakubhojnacki Member Posts: 2
I'm trying to register Navision Database Server 4.0 on Active Directory.
Our Active Directory is installed on Windows 2000 Server.
I have proper permissions (domain administrator, schema administrator), installed & properly running server.
And after execution of "schemaxt.exe" I can see only an error message:
"One or more conflicting attributes or classes were detected while attempting to extend the schema. The Active Directory Schema Configuration has not been changed".
No possibility to write a config file, no possibility to extend a schema automatically, no events in event log, no solutions found on Internet.

What to do?
Any ideas?

Thanks for help in advance.

Jakub Hojnacki

Comments

• Options
    sporrisporri Member Posts: 7
    I don't have this in the top of my head, but it is actually in the documentation of schemaxt.exe you will need to create a text file with the schema changes and import them with ldifde.exe.
    If this does not help i'll look it up.

Sporri
  • Options
    avoigt3avoigt3 Member Posts: 5
    Hi!

I have the same problem to register a new database server in active directory. On this machine, i had registered a database server sucessfull. This installation was removed and an new one is installed. But now, i can't register this new one in AD. The schemaxt said the following message:

One or more conflicting attributes or classes were detected while attempting to extend the schema. The Active Directory Schema Configuration has not been changed.

How can i remove the old classes or settings from ad???
  • Options
    jacksonjackson Member Posts: 6
    I tried running schemaxt.exe and selected automatic expansion, I didn't get any error message it just leave me with nothing. I tried running the tool again and this time I choose to Generate LDIF script and manually run:

ldifde -i -f <path>\NFSchemaExtension.ldf
    this time it prompts me that it succesfully added to registry.

I then restart the service but I have this error in event viewer:

The system failed to publish or update Navision Database Server Service Connection Point in Active Directory.

The system returned the following error:
    Access is denied.

Anybody knows how to fix this issue? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Please help!

Thank you.