Options

BA Configurator error and crash

mihai.valceamihai.valcea Member Posts: 95
Hello,

I have Business Analytics for NAV 30 SP3 with sql 2005 sp1 and on creation of SQL Server Database phase in configurator, I get an windows error and everything is closed. The database is not created and configurator cannot continue.

On Event viewer, on application category I captured following error:
EventType clr20r3, P1 configurator.exe, P2 3.0.0.0, P3 450523e4, P4 microsoft.sqlserver.smo, P5 9.0.242.0, P6 443f5bcf, P7 cc, P8 2f, P9 kalv5z2yueq4btx4vbfvfh31njlka0uu, P10 NIL.

Did someone encountered this error ever?

Thanks,
Mihai

Comments

• Options
    alokkumar_aggarwalalokkumar_aggarwal Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I am also facing same problem.
    My configurations:

DB : SQL Server 2005 SP2
    .Net: 1.1 and 2.0
    Navision: Nav 4.0 SP3
    BA: same version (4.0 SP3) of BA configurator and BA advance

Issue:

When i run configurator, at the time of creating sql agent job it crashes and close the BA configurator window.

event viewer entry:

Source .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
    Category (0)
    Event 5000

EventType clr20r3, P1 configurator.exe, P2 3.0.0.0, P3 450523e4, P4 microsoft.sqlserver.smo, P5 9.0.242.0, P6 443f5bcf, P7 cc, P8 2f, P9 kalv5z2yueq4btx4vbfvfh31njlka0uu, P10 NIL.

Please let me know if anybody has got the resolution of this problem :(

I have tried uninstalling every thing and installing it again from .net framework to navision and BA and SQL server. I am facing same issue.
  • Options
    gbryangbryan Member Posts: 1
    We are experiencing the same problem
    We have 3 (almost) identical (DEV, TEST and Production) installations and two fail with the "Configurator has encountered a problem and needs to close" pop up error and it always happens at the last step "Process Analysis Service Database" when we run the "Start Configurator" from within Navision.

It has worked successfully in the past and nothing major has changed.

Are there any log files that can be checked for errors?

We are running these installs on Dell 1955 blade servers, SQL 2005, NAV 5.0
    Configurator.exe dated 12/3/2007

Anybody have any suggestions?
    Thanks
  • Options
    manishkutarmanishkutar Member Posts: 19
    I have same problem. please solve this issue. its urgent.

System Environment:
    SQL Server 2005 SP2 ( with installed Analysis and Integration services)
    Business Analytics 2k7
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009

Manish Kutar,
    Senior Technical Consultant
    manishkutar@gmail.com
  • Options
    manishkutarmanishkutar Member Posts: 19
    I solved this problem. And it was due to Authentication in SQL Server. Please check authentication. It should help out solvind this problem.

Manish Kutar,
    Senior Technical Consultant
    manishkutar@gmail.com
  • Options
    johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    I solved this problem. And it was due to Authentication in SQL Server. Please check authentication. It should help out solvind this problem.

Dear manishkutar,

Could you please explain more clearly about this matter? How's to check authentication? Whether I must use windows authentication or database authentication in SQL Server?
    Do you experience configurator crash when process analysis service database too?
    Thank you.
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • Options
    raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    I configured BA for NAV2009. few points I would like to share as given below

1) I had BA crash issue, when I raised a incident in partnersource, they said, I am using the wrong version of BA and they given me a link to download the new ones. with that it was working fine.

2) I set SSAS, SSIS, SQLServer to use a admin account. The same is applicable for ANTDaemon, ANTServer.

3) Whenever, I use to run BA, I use to run them in the mode of Administrator, i mean, I use to Right click and say run as administrator.
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS