Options

Automation variable. Tech information

RobySpainRobySpain Member Posts: 57
Hi,

I would need technical information about the automation variables. Why I can use when choose in a codeunit?
What is the main function? Where can I find information about them?

:-k

A lot of questions for a newbie programmer.

Best regards,

Roberto

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Did you had a look at the automation codeunits in Navision?

There are for example:

WordManagement
    TAPIManagement
    Outlook Application Management
    Excel Buffer (Table)
    Common Dialog Management

And many more
  • Options
    RobySpainRobySpain Member Posts: 57
    Hi Mark,

I can see the automation variables, but I can create new ones. The system tell me "Is not possible this option".

Help me to understand. :oops:

The automation variables are DLL used in Navision, right?
    I need to know the differents DLL, in order to use their classes, right?

When I say "I need tech information", I must say " I need tech information about the automation : Microsoft XML, v3.0", right?

Maybe I am sayind silly thinks ( :-# ) but please, help me

Thanks

Roberto
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Yes the Automation is using DLL's in Navision, same as in VB etc.

If you want to use a new dll you need to make sure it is registered on you system.

I don't know XML stuff, sorry so I cannot help you with that, but some things are provided in Navision for XML.

If the dll is registered you should be able to choose it from your variable box,

BUT Not all automation types are supported by Navision, this has something to do with the interface (iUnknown and stuff like that), also can Navision not give window handles to dll's...

Hope this answers some of your questions,

If you have any specific questions, just post :D
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you are not able to create new Automation type variable, it means, that you do not have appropriate granule in your License fiel (C/OCX granule).

See http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7584
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7872
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    There are two XML Management codeunits that you can use, numbers 6224 and 99008516. By the way, the way around that error message is to save one of those codeunits with another number (a number within your license range), and you can change everything you want.