Options

How to implement such functionality?

JTProJTPro Member Posts: 169
Hello all!!

I have a client, that wants following functionality:
- possibility of changing invoice in 7 days after the release and print of this invoice.
I know that we can make a credit memos, but that means more documentation papers and more time. The main priority for him is time and flexibility of selling products.
I heard about companies that offer add-ons, maybe they also have solution of this problem.
I need your help!!!

Best regards!
Navision Application Version: 4.0SP1
Navision Database Version: 4.0

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Is this allowed in your country?

If the only thing you want to change is address information you can make this by looking at the codeunit "391 - Shipment Header - Edit" which changes the Shipping Agent fields on the Shipment Header and make a similar codeunit for the Invoice Header.

If you also want to change the financial information, you might want to reconsider because of the difficulties with reversing all the entries.
  • Options
    ngebhardngebhard Member Posts: 127
    I wouldn't do that either. Changing the adress or name of a company (if someone is moving or has a new company name) is okay, as long as this is still the same customer. Otherwise I wouldn't allow any changes..
    ProTAKT Projekte & Business Software AG
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Partner
    Bad Nauheim, Germany
    http://www.protakt.de
    http://twitter.com/protakt
  • Options
    ngebhard wrote:
    I wouldn't do that either. Changing the adress or name of a company (if someone is moving or has a new company name) is okay, as long as this is still the same customer. Otherwise I wouldn't allow any changes..

Yes, this is true, do not change the customer no. because of the customer ledger entries!!!
  • Options
    Maybe you know company that is able to make such add-on?

Best regards
  • Options
    JTPro wrote:
    Maybe you know company that is able to make such add-on?

Best regards

What is the exact functionality that is required?

Do you completely want to be able to change the invoice?

Maybe you can make a pre-invoice option.

This way you can block the invoice for 7 days before realy post it, then after 7 days when nothing is changed make the real posting.

I hope you understand what I mean 8)
  • Options
    ngebhardngebhard Member Posts: 127
    Sorry I was never looking for something like that. All our customers accepted to make a credit memo if the amount or anything was wrong! German law helps us to argument!!! :)
    ProTAKT Projekte & Business Software AG
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Partner
    Bad Nauheim, Germany
    http://www.protakt.de
    http://twitter.com/protakt
  • Options
    Hello!!

Mark, what do you mean by "pre-invoice option". If you meant about pro-forma option, then this is not acceptable.
    What I need is to print invoice for the customer, and give him possibility of comming back and changing this invoice in 7 days. The print of this 'pre-' invoice must look exactly the same as the original one, also the number of invoice.
    My client has legacy system, that allows him o changing posted invoice any time he wants. Their customers can come in 7 days after shopping, and receive changed invoice with the same number as the previous one. They want to have this functionality in Navision, but I'm not sure if it is possible.
    I think the main problem with it is to reserve number for this pre-invoice?
    Maybe you know the method to print pre-invoice, that looks exactly the same as the posted one?

Best regards
  • Options
    Do you want all the turnover postings to be created when the pre-invoice is created?

I am asking this because this is the hardest part if correction is needed.

You can reserve the invoice number by putting it in the Invoice No. field of the Sales Header.

My suggestion would be to make some kind of option to block a sales header from being modified for 7 days, then make the real invoice.

If you want the turnover in your financial adiministration you can make some temporary posting which is automaticaly reversed after 7 days when the real posting is made.

If you use this option you need not to change the normal invoice procedure in Navision.

You can make a invoice report based on table 36/37 instead of 112/113.

The only thing you do not have is a customer ledger entry.
  • Options
    My suggestion would be to make some kind of option to block a sales header from being modified for 7 days, then make the real invoice.

Do you know safe method to block this number? Probably this will solve my problem.

Cheers
  • Options
    Do you mean preventing users to change the document or reserving the invoice no?
  • Options
    Can you write down how do you see this procedure of blocking this number, and then posting?
  • Options
    You need to make some kind of (pre-invoice) function (Like F11) that does the following

1. Fill the value of the "Posting No." of the Sales Header. This will be the posted invoice no. later on

2. Fill some kind of date field in which you store the date this "Invoice" is created.

This "invoice" is now blocked. (But not realy invoiced)

3. If either one of these fields is populated the sales header, and the pre-invoice is less tha 7 days old, there should be a warning when it is modified, that there should be a new invoice printed.

4. If the "date" field of (2) is 7 days past the workdate the invoice can be posted as real invoice with its "Posting No.", you can use a batch for this.

I hope I've explained it right. :?

Good luck 8)
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    I would suggest another approach: automate the credit memo - new invoice process: make a function that copies the invoice in a credit memo, post the credit memo, and copies the invoice to a new invoice. Then users just change it and post again.

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.