Options

Active fields limit exceeded

DnealDneal Member Posts: 103
I added extra fields to the Sales Header table. The last field that I added gave me an error message that the active fields in a record may not take up more than 4000 bytes.
Does anyone know if this can be adjusted, or is it an absolute.

Thanks,

Dneal
New Navision Developer

Comments

• Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    This is an absolute limit -- it is somehow related to the database page size, which cannot be modified by us mere mortals.

The limit was extended from 2000 to 4000 somewhere around version 2.5/2.6, so it is not absolutely impossible that it might change sometime in the future, but I've not heard any rumor in that direction.

If that should happen, however, going past 8000 bytes would be very hard, because SQL Server tables cannot have row sizes that exceed 8000 bytes.
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Hi,

If you realy need to store extra data then you can make a new table with the same key, move the largest custom fields to it and show them in the form like the shortcut dimensions. (save/update etc.)

This is quite a job but is better than trying to decrease standard Navision fields in size.
  • Options
    DnealDneal Member Posts: 103
    Thanks for the information!

DNeal