Wrong Server Instance

Big_DBig_D Member Posts: 203
edited 2015-05-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi mibuso.com

I restored a SQL Backup for NAV 2013. Then opened the Database in NAV 2015 Build 39663 to be converted. Created a Service Instance and Started okay. Everything is fine except the Server Instance is pointing at the wrong Instance (Database Information) and don't know how to fix it! Any suggestions please?

With thanks
Big D signing off!

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Do you want to change the database details linked to that instance?
  • Big_DBig_D Member Posts: 203
    Hi Mohana

Thanks for your reply.

In the Microsoft Management Console, the Server Instance is pointing at the right SQL Instance and Database Name and I can Start the Instance from there okay.

When I Open the Database in NAV Dev Environment, the Database opens okay and checking the Database Information but the Server Instance has an instance which I haven't got a clue where it has come from, presume that was the customer's server instance path! How can I change this please? I drilled down on the Server Instance but only one is available - the wrong one!

With thanks
    Big D signing off!
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Please check again Database Server, Database Instance and Database Name again.

If the above details are fine then you should see in your drill down list.
    Hi Mohana

Thanks for your reply.

Yes all present and correct and can start the Service no problems at all but Server Instance Name is still wrong in Database Information!

With thanks
    Big D signing off!
    Hi Mohana

Good news - managed to crack it - I hadn't given NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE dbo access to the Database - never thought of checking Event Viewer as well ](*,) !

Thanks for being there for us :D!

Until next time \:D/ !
    Big D signing off!