Migration 2009 to 2015 - Error Object name already exists

sas_fischsas_fisch Member Posts: 8
edited 2015-04-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I started a test migration from 2009 SP1 to 2015 CU 6 by using the guide from http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... eased.aspx

Now I get an error during step 11:
"Open the old database with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 development environment and convert the database."

Error message:
"The object name already exists. Object: Table 2000000053 Windows Access Control"

I downloaded the 2013 version from the link in the guide, so this is version -> 7.00.40468

Can somebody help me?

Comments

• htsokodayihtsokodayi Member Posts: 4
    Halo.

I am facing a similar problem. I am upgrading from NAV 2009 SP1 to NAV 2013. When I try to convert the 2009 database to a 2013 database I get this error.

Did anyone get any solution for this error?

uxu2f934i1zd.png

• vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    In what step exactly do you get the error? technical conversion? or rather when importing your customized objects?

NAV 2009 Table 2000000053 Windows Access Control has been renamed "Access Control" in 2013. If you have some other table named "Windows Access Control", you will have to import table 2000000053 first, then, in a new import your custom (or add on) table.
    Thank you for the reply.

I encounter this when I want to convert the 2009 database to 2013. This is when I have imported Upgrade601700.1 and have run Form 104001and deleted the old objects.

The system tables that I have on the 2009 database are as shown below:

tobdd5toha3w.png

Table 2000000053 Windows Access Control is present in my 2009 database.

Kindly confirm I have to import table 2000000053 Access Control from the 2013 database to the 2009 database before I convert the 2009 database.
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Hi,

I still don't understand in which upgrade Task you actually get the error. Please look at the instructions here and tell us, in which Task, and which subtask by ordinal (and possibly description) you get the error.

Also, are you using NAV 2013 (without R2) for that conversion? I believe R2 will not work.
    Hi,

The version of 2009 SP1 I am running is: ncx8a9aw50ss.png

I also tried to first upgrade the database from 2009 SP1 to 2009 R2 and I still get the same error.

For the technical conversion I am using this version of 2013: 8o85kvx7rvvl.png

Note: I am able to upgrade he demo database with no problems.

I get the error at Task 6, subtask 8. (I copied them below for clarity):

Task 6: Create the New Microsoft Dynamics NAV Database

8. Open the database that you copied in step 1. When you do this, you will be prompted to convert the database. The conversion performs the following:

Updates system tables.

Enables Unicode in the database objects.

Upgrades to the newest Windows collation. Utilizing SQL collations for the database is no longer supported in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013. If your database has been using a SQL collation, or an out-of-date Windows collation, the development environment will offer to perform a collation upgrade alongside the Unicode upgrade. If you are not satisfied with the choice of collation, you can switch to the desired collation after the upgrade is completed. For more information, see How to: Alter Databases.

The collation upgrade will set the default database collation and the column-level collation for all columns in tables, except for variant, to the chosen collation value. Variant columns will have the collation value stamped on each instance’s metadata.

Marks all objects in the database as "not compiled."

This conversion can take a while, especially for larger databases. After the conversion, expand the size of the database to the size that you noted at the end of Task 4.

• irasoelbaksirasoelbaks Member Posts: 119
    For my understanding: you don't get the error (Object Already Exitst) when you open the database in Nav 2013, right? If you also get the error in NAV 2009 SP1 to R2 then please check the mentioned table in the object designer? Can't find it? Then also please double check in SQL to identify corruption or metadata that's not valid (mismatch between SQL and NAV).
    Halo,

I do get the error when I open the database in NAV 2013. When NAV 2013 starts converting the 2009 database the error then pops up.