Options

NAV 2009 RTC table permission different than Classic Client

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
edited 2015-04-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

We have a third-party addin (ChargeLogic). User has a role assigned that allows Chargelogic functions like "Authorize a Credit Card". While using a standard Chargelogic function from the Sales Invoice form in Classic Client, the "Authorize" function works normally. However, when the same user goes to the Sales Invoice Card in RTC and tries the same "Authorize a Card" function, an error is displayed "You do not have permission to read the EFT Gateway Field Translation Table". This table is defined with read-permissions in one of the roles assigned to that user (and as I said, works correctly in Classic Client.) There are no special permissions assigned to the objects (forms, pages) for this table.

Has anyone seen traditional permissions (like read, modify, delete, etc.) be different in RTC vs. Classic? We're on build 6.0.34591 of NAV2009R2.

Thanks,

Ron
Ron

Comments

• Options
    vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

It is possible that classic client does not use the table "EFT Gateway Field Translation" but RTC client does.
    I would suggest following steps:
    1. Can you check whether the table "EFT Gateway Field Translation" is on the Licence.
    (Create a new form and select "Permission Range" as a table. Filter to find this object and permissions. )
    2. If permissions are fine, can you compare the code between Page and Form. Are there any differences ?
    3. It is possible that the form was customised to have access on this table but Page was not.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Never had that problem before.

Maybe obvious, but did you restart the Service after you updated the license?
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Never had that problem before.

Maybe obvious, but did you restart the Service after you updated the license?

License hasn't changed in a long time, and services get restarted weekly.
    Ron