Options

VALUE ENTRY RECORDS - DOES IT MODIFY?

kamalbaaklinikamalbaaklini Member Posts: 37
edited 2015-03-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hello

I need to know if the Value entry table records, will be modified by any NAV process?

is their any field in the value entry table that will be modified, later on after being inserted. (other than the post cost to GL batch)

i want to have a replica of the Value entry table, so i want to be sure that if i add only the new lines to the replica table is enough?, or is their any modification being done on the existing records that also requires to be update to the replica.

:whistle:

Comments

• Options
    NightriderNightrider Member Posts: 10
    Hello,

No. It doesn't because NAV needs allow us to keep an audit trail of financial transactions. If the G/L Post Cost "modified" the records as opposed to inserting we wouldn't be able to know the original values before modification.

So only inserts.

Regards,
    Vince
    Regards,
    Vincent Connell
  • Options
    kamalbaaklinikamalbaaklini Member Posts: 37
    Nightrider wrote:
    Hello,

No. It doesn't because NAV needs allow us to keep an audit trail of financial transactions. If the G/L Post Cost "modified" the records as opposed to inserting we wouldn't be able to know the original values before modification.

So only inserts.

Regards,
    Vince

I agree with that 100% for all fields that contain amount values, but what about other fields??
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    While normal NAV operations will not modify existing "Value Entry" records, there are a few standard processes that can if they are used. The ones I can think of are Report 83 "Change Global Dimensions" and Report 86 "Adjust Add. Reporting Currency".
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    If you don't have automatic cost post to GL. The value entry gets modified during posting for the value entry to gl.
    Valuation Date gets upated during posting in CU. There is code that updates all the value entry valuation date. I don't remember which costing method.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n