Options

Issues with webclient and user accounts

GeoNAVGeoNAV Member Posts: 4
edited 2014-11-24 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,
I need some help with NAV 2013.

I am getting the following error message when I have users logging in through webclient.

Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavPermissionException
Message: You do not have the following permissions on TableData Profile: Read
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ConnectionStateManager.CallServer[T](CallServerMethod`1 callServerMethod, ServerCallOptions options)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.CallServer[T](CallServerMethod`1 callServerMethod)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnectionBase.GetPage(PageRequestDefinition pageRequestDefinition, NavRecordState& state)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.DataBinder.NavDataAccessHelper.GetDataSet(Int32 tableId, NavFilterGroup[] filterGroupList)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.DataBinder.NavDataAccessHelper.GetRows(Int32 tableId)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ProfileAttributes.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSessionInitializer.InitializeCore()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSessionInitializer.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.UISession.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.NavWebUISessionInitializer.InitializeCore(UISession session)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.WebClient.NavWebClientUISessionInitializer.InitializeCore(UISession session)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Web.NavWebUISessionInitializer.Initialize(UISession session)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Web.ShownFormTrackingUISessionInitializer.InitializeSessionAndTrackShownInitializationForms(UISession session)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Web.LogicalFormInitializer.InitializeSession(FormPropertyBag formBeingInitialized, ClientSession clientSession)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Web.LogicalFormInitializer.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Create>b__0()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.LogicalOperationInvoker.InvokeAndHandleExceptions(Func`1 action, IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler)
Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection

When I use my user account, webclient works fine and I could login.
I have NAV, SQL Server, Web Server all installed on a server machine. I am using webclient to access it. NAV Windows client users are able to login to NAV without any issues.
I am using Windows authentication mode.

I greatly appreciate any help in fixing this issue.

Thanks
GeoNAV

Comments

• Options
    GeoNAVGeoNAV Member Posts: 4
    Hello!
    I could fix the issue by going over some others posts.
    Going over the error message (an image) in "server error has occurred in Web Client when user has compan" post, I realized I too had the same error message.

In my case, web client worked for my user account. NAV Windows client worked for my as well as other user accounts. Only the Web client had this issue. Ideas given in the post was helpful as I created a permission set with read access to "profile, user personalization, and User" tables and then assigning it to other users. Now other users are able to login into the webclient.
    Thank you!!
    George