RTC report date formats (NAV 2013 R2)

Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
edited 2014-10-27 in NAV Three Tier
I've seen lots posted on this topic in various places, but I haven't come up with a solution even after trying to create a custom locale using the tool from Microsoft. Our issue is simple... Our users have their regional settings to MM/DD/YYYY for all date formats (month then day). The server is also set this way. I don't believe the RTC reporting engine looks at this setup (more something tied to the locale?) but in any case... Users are frustrated that dates are showing up on reports in DD/MM/YYYY. We've forced the date format for customer-facing documents (invoices, etc.) but the issue persists for all of the base NAV reports they run for internal analysis.

Is there some clear way to get all date formats coming out on reports in MM/DD/YYYY format without having to customize dozens of reports?

Comments

• vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

We had similar issue and it was caused by the fact that regional settings on the local machine (user machine) had more then one language or US was not set as a default language or region.
    So make sure that the only language available is US (if possible), and set it to be default. (in case your client uses French as second one langauge.)

Control Panel -> Region -> English US
    Location tab US,
    Additional settings cheek date.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.