Options

NAV 2013 R2 Demo Install Sharepoint Error

TzviTzvi Member Posts: 3
edited 2014-08-12 in NAV Three Tier
I'm attempting to install the demo version of Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 - that's everything on a single machine with a demo license. I downloaded from this site. After clicking on "install demo" I get this error message.

Problems were identified for this configuration.
The following external programs are prerequisites to one or more of the selected product components. The must be present on your computer before this configuration can be installed. For more information, see the System Requirements for Microsoft Dynamics NA (i guess the rest was cut off, don't we love the attention to detail)
SQL Server 2012 Express
This version of Windows is not supported by SharePoint Server 2013 Client Components.

The specifications of my computer are: Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.1 GHz, 4 GB memory, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

EDIT: It seems that SQL Express refuses to install unless Sharepoint is present.
I understand that SharePoint is not integral to NAV. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    TzviTzvi Member Posts: 3
    After much effort, I was able to get it working.
    If anyone else has this issue, try following these steps.

1. Install SQL Server 2012 Express
    2. Uninstall SQL Server Express
    3. In "Add Remove Programs" choose "Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2" and select "Repair"

After doing steps 1 and 2 a couple of times, and sprinkling step 3 liberally in between them and afterwards, sometimes twice in a row, NAV finally started up fine.
    I am unsure if steps 1 and 2 were actually beneficial,
    If you have more information to add, please feel free to post.