Options

Doing a partial unapply

since2002since2002 Member Posts: 25
edited 2014-07-23 in NAV Three Tier
Is it possible to unapply a single customer invoice from a payment and it not how hard would the coding be. An example is a Payment is applied to 20 different invoices and posted. One or two invoices need to be unapplied. Currently the entire transaction as to be unapplied then re-applied properly. The user does not want to do it that way.

The main code seems to be in codeunit 226 function PostUnApplyCustomer and then codeunit 12 function UnapplyCustLedgEntry. has anyone had the requirement or successfully coded for it?

Comments

• Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi since2002,

yes this can be done, but it's not a nice task. The application of multiple invoices in one payment is considered as one transaction. The application entries (detailed ledger entries) are accumulated by entry type, so you don't have the splitting information. On the applied invoice, though, you have the information you need, as long as there really is only one payment entry and no credit memo in the bunch. The invoice is usually the applied entry, you need to create un-application entries only for this invoice on the applying entry.
    There is another issue: Usually all the adjustments are posted on the applying entry (payment). And they are summed up. Partially unapplying them is next to impossible, the base for the calculation is missing.
    All things considered, I would avoid to implement this feature. If I had to and the time is available, I would go the full length of changing the applying logic too, to have very detailed application entries. This can be easily unapplied then, by each application pair.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    I agree that this can be done because I have done it :) (for a client in the health insurance business), but as Jens has already pointed out, it is not an easy task.
    Kai Kowalewski