Navision 3.7 Loggin Error

moh_baradamoh_barada Member Posts: 46
I'm facing this error &i donno what is the problem exactly hope that anybody can help me:when i'm trying to loggin into navision after entering username &password i get this error message <The file DCMEMSTREAM contain a record that cannot be read completly. Please this is very urgent hope that anybody can help me in case u got the same error message before
Best Regards
Mohamad Barada
Independent ERP & CRM Consultant
+961 70 912700

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I do not know nothing about this error, but one tip for you:

Try to delete your .zup file and .dmp, .emt, .smt, .hmt in your client folder and subfolders. It will clear all possible wrongly generated files.

Please, send me the HW and OS specification of the computer... (mainly HDD free space, RAM, OS version)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Iqbal_FebrianoIqbal_Febriano Member Posts: 66
    I'm facing exactly the same problem, and don't know what to do too. I'm running Navision 3.7 sql server option on a citrix metaframe, the server is of 1 GB RAM, with Windows Server 2000 operating system, the free space for the database is 33 GB. This problem never encountered before, we using Navision for almost 2 years now
    Be fast, be straight, be quiet
    What about free space on the HDD for temporary files??? How many clients is running on this Citrix?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    Try this :
    Stop the server, delete the dbms.zup in the server directory and restart it.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • FrodioFrodio Member Posts: 10
    I just have to add our customer in this "que" of this problem.

We have done some translations in the sql server and after we gave the value 17 to the serverno in the table dbo$dbproperty (i think that is the name of the table) the error occures.

So speak out if anybody find the solution \:D/
  • sharkssharks Member Posts: 22
    edited 2005-12-24
    Same thing happened to me guys. I have spent last night at a customer trying to recover the data, this was my first allnighter for Navision :shock: I had a navision 3.7 db running on sql. server or space was not an issue in this case since the mechine is top of the line, all maxed up. Problem occured when users where creating/deleting companies.

What I did to solve the problem was the following, first I got the objects from a backup (when importing objects you can just select a backup file and it imports the object from that, takes some time but is much faster than restoring the database,...). Then i logged on the corrupted database with a navision 4.0 client and converted the database (this allowed me to log on the corrupted db just fine), I made a backup of all the companies and last created a new database (3.7) in which i first imported the objects and then the restored the backup.

Other ways to do this could be by using SQL server. after the task was completed i tryed using the dts export utility of the enterprise manager and works fine as long as you dont select all the data at once, select one company at a time and the common table. this way you can either create a new db in which you export the data from the corrupted one directly.

I hope this will solve some of you some time, merry christmas :D
  • sharkssharks Member Posts: 22
    one last thing, i had a couple of clients working when other users were getting the DCMEMSTREAM error, i tried backing up the db from those clients and i got a 47-1 error. partnersource suggests the following :
    Internal error 47-1 received when trying to restore or backup a database on the MS SQL Server Option for Navision Attain
    Last Modified 11/6/2005
    Posted 9/28/2001
    Internal error 47-1 received when trying to restore or backup a database on the MS SQL Server Option for Navision Attain

Reference Information

Product(s):
      Navision Attain 
    Area(s):
     Database Administration,SQL Option 

Version – Starting With:
     3.01.A   
    Version – Ending With:
     3.01.A  

Problem

When trying to restore a Navision Attain backup in to a new database created on the MS SQL Option for Navision Attain or after opening an existing database and trying to backup the database within the MS SQL Option for Navision Attain the following error message appears:

There are errors in the text conversion(text no. 1958-0 does not exist in the .stx file)

Internal error 47-1

Resolution

The installation copied two older files (fin.stx & fin.etx) into the ENU folder under the client.  Therefore you need to:

1.  Delete the fin.etx and fin.stx from the ENU folder where the Navision Attain client was installed.

2.  Copy the fin.etx and fin.stx from the Navision Attain Client folder to the ENU folder.

Yes, it is for example in case of installing newer client after uninstalling previous version without deleting the folder (when you install to same folder as previous version). It is one rule: delete the folder after uninstall manually, else you can have problems after installing newer version...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • michstickmichstick Member Posts: 1
    One of the clients opened our Navision 3.6 Database on SQL-Server with the Navision 4.01 Client. After that the table $ndo$dbproperty has changed. Some fields are new and some values has been changed.
    On the 3.6 Clients we have the massege "The file DCMEMSTREAM contain a record that cannot be read completly".

My Solution for this Problem was:
    Drop the table $ndo$dbproperty from the database and rebuild the table from backup or a testcopy of the database. After that enable the select permission for the group public.

In our case this solution brings us back to production.