Options

Licenze problem during upgrade

pedroccdapedroccda Member Posts: 90
I'm trying to upgrade from 3.70 to 4.00. Using the Development Toolkit I have created a txt file with all the custom objects for 4.00, but when I try to import these objects the process stop becouse I can't create a new field in a table becouse my licenze doesn't permit it! 8-[ Which type of license I need to do it? #-o
Kiki

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to import it over 4.00 objects (not 3.70). Than make fob and import it over 3.70 objects...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    Try to import it over 4.00 objects (not 3.70). Than make fob and import it over 3.70 objects...

What you mean? I don't undertsand... I have opened the 3.70 db with 4.00 so that the db have been converted. Then I have imported the first upg toolkit fob for do the first phase. Then I should import the customized 4.00 objects created in merge process...but this process fails becouse of license problem (I can't add new field in the table 13 Salesperson/Purchaser)
    Kiki
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It means - through text file you are not able to add new fields in standard no. range in standard tables (for example some new field on standard table added in version 4.00). But you are able to add the field if you have the new object in FOB. It means - if you try to import the merged objects (4.00+customizations) in text format into CRONUS DB v4.00, the new field is there (you do not need to add it through text file) - no permission conflict. The text file will be imported, you compile all objects, export them into FOB, and because FOB can add the new fields, if you import it over your 3.70 objects where are the fields missing, they are created without permission conflict...

Step by step:
    1) Take CRONUS DB v4.00 and import the text file there (no standard fields creating because they are there)
    2) Compile objects, export into FOB
    3) Import the FOB into your DB - fields will be created without problem, because FOB can create them W/O permission in licence...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    It means - through text file you are not able to add new fields in standard no. range in standard tables (for example some new field on standard table added in version 4.00). But you are able to add the field if you have the new object in FOB. It means - if you try to import the merged objects (4.00+customizations) in text format into CRONUS DB v4.00, the new field is there (you do not need to add it through text file) - no permission conflict. The text file will be imported, you compile all objects, export them into FOB, and because FOB can add the new fields, if you import it over your 3.70 objects where are the fields missing, they are created without permission conflict...

Step by step:
    1) Take CRONUS DB v4.00 and import the text file there (no standard fields creating because they are there)
    3) Import the FOB into your DB - fields will be created without problem, because FOB can create them W/O permission in licence...

Thank you a lot for the help...now I'll try it.
    Kiki
  • Options
    kine wrote:

Step by step:

Thank you a lot for the help...now I'll try it.
    Kiki
  • Options
    tsherenitshereni Member Posts: 2
    Did the solution provided work for you? I'm having the same problems. I tried importing the txt file into cronus 4.0 but i get a lot of errors mainly to do with non-existent field options? Did you have a similar experience and how did you resolve this?
    The harder you work the luckier you get
  • Options
    tshereni wrote:
    Did the solution provided work for you? I'm having the same problems. I tried importing the txt file into cronus 4.0 but i get a lot of errors mainly to do with non-existent field options? Did you have a similar experience and how did you resolve this?

Yes. I imported txt objects in a 4.0 base version database. Then I exported these customized objects in fob format.
    Kiki
  • Options
    tsherenitshereni Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I guess i''m making a mistake on the merge process. I will try it again. Do you have any advice for me on the Merge process?
    The harder you work the luckier you get