Options

A Problem with Debugger

CerroMaggioreBoyCerroMaggioreBoy Member Posts: 6
Good Morning,
my problem is that when i open Navision Debugger (Debugger-->Active from menu, end an error occurred) i cannot use this, becausa the source code window is totally blank and if i want to close Debugger i receive a crash message? Can Anyone Help Me???

thank you so much
bye

CMB
navision attain developer

Comments

• Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi,

Try reinstalling the product... (uninstall/install or repair)
  • Options
    I was of the lucky ones!!

In case that doesn't work look at:
    http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8705
  • Options
    CerroMaggioreBoyCerroMaggioreBoy Member Posts: 6
    Ok, I've Tried to reinstall Navision, but it doesn't work...
    What can I Do....my chief kills me !!!!

Thank you

CMB
  • Options
    Hi,

Did you look at the mbsonline link?

The issue can be more complicated...
  • Options
    dijconadijcona Member Posts: 8
    Complicated enough for me still not to have resolved the issue. Anybody else have any more suggestions?

Regards
    Meint
  • Options
    janpieterjanpieter Member Posts: 298
    The thread where Arhontis provide the link to sais that probably TCP/IP communication is disrupted. The thread doesn't answer which ports are used.

I did some playing withg netstat and discovered that the ports used are
    fin.exe : port 1999
    altDebugger.exe : port 1998

altDebugger.exe is listening, this means that this is the server and navision connects to the debugger.

Don't know if this information is usefull to anyone. Anyway I suppose these ports should not be blocked. Check your firewall, maybe this causes problems.
    In a world without Borders or Fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
  • Options
    janpieterjanpieter Member Posts: 298
    :shock: everytime i start the debugger the used ports change :shock:

It seems that they don't want us to create programs that listen on the debugger port ... :(
    In a world without Borders or Fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
  • Options
    mbsaiimbsaii Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I also experianced the same problem - which really drove me nuts.

I then uninstalled the Citrix Presentation Server Client Packager - Version 9.0 and the Advanced Gateway Client, after that it worked again.

So it seems to be something with programms which are using WAN connections (sorry to be a bit vague, however my network experience is quite limited).

Hope I could help - i will also tell MBS Support about that.

Regards
    Michael Straszniczky
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    mbsaii wrote:
    I then uninstalled the Citrix Presentation Server Client Packager - Version 9.0 and the Advanced Gateway Client, after that it worked again.
    I had the same problem. Reading this I uninstalled all of Citrix, but not the Program neighbourhood and it worked.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    miciebmicieb Member Posts: 13
    Hello,

I am having similar problem and i wanted to know if anyone ever solved this problem, without Citrix being uninstalled. I already uninstalled citrix, did a reboot, and so on... But after a week, nothing has changed...

If i set my debugger to active, everytime an error happens, the debugger pops up, but doesn't show anything. It is not using any cpu time, but the debugger just starts and stays "blank". :?

It is unbelievably annoying, and i hoped anyone of you had another solution??

Thx.
    Straight forward... Move!
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Probably it is some other program that uses the same port as the debugger.
    The only way I know to find it is to de-install 1 by 1 the programs and try the debugger (or have a freshly installed Windows and install Navision and try the debugger and then install the other programs 1 by 1 and try the debugger until after 1 the debugger doesn't work anymore).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    miciebmicieb Member Posts: 13
    Hello,

i found it :D , with a tip from kriki here above.

My port was in use, or blocked by my AntiVirus. It is the NOD32. For now, i kcked it from my notebook, but i will search for an answer so i can still use my antivirus with my debugger...

Greetings.
    Straight forward... Move!
  • Options
    DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Hello,

Any help regarding configuration of Ports for debugger is appreciated, i.e. where can we configure these ports
    fin.exe : port 1999
    altDebugger.exe : port 1998

. ](*,)
    Regards,

Deep
    India