Options

Dynamics NAV Developer's Toolkit v3.01.410

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
edited 2014-02-10 in Download section
Dynamics NAV Developer's Toolkit v3.01.410
The Developers Toolkit helps partners work faster and with accuracy, thanks to the direct link between the Microsoft Dynamics NAV development environment and the toolkit. While analyzing or upgrading Microsoft Dynamics NAV, you simply switch between screens as you work. Its well-laid out and color-coded graphical user interface gives you a clear, in-depth picture of all the elements you are working with, application code, and relations between objects.

The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developers Toolkit, including tools for Source Analysis, as well as a Compare and Merge tool.

Version 3.01.410:
Compatibility to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
C/FRONT DLL of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 added.
Database objects of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 added as backup (DevTool.fbk).

Skipping of Object Types
The object type PAGE will not be imported.

Skipping of Object Parts
The REPORT object parts RDLDATA and REQUESTPAGE will not be imported.

Table Property
The new table property FIELD GROUP will be imported.

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1107

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    sc00bysc00by Member Posts: 43
    There were several bugs in the 300 release (and prior) and some of these have been fixed in this =D>

I can now import objects from our V4 SP3 system but the bug reported here - http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=32184 - is still present ](*,)

It's a real shame this hasn't been addressed especially as it was introduced back when HF5 came out for V4 Navision ... 2-3 years ago!

Maybe one day [-o<

Rob.
  • Options
    dayscottdayscott Member Posts: 42
    is there a possibility to open databases Nav 6.0 SP1 with the most recent version of the developers toolkit?

i get an error if i want to do this (attachment)
  • Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    Yes it is possible. You need to install and configure C/FRONT in the same version you created your database in. Furthermore, you need to configure the toolkit to use that version of C/FRONT.
  • Options
    Ana_CamposAna_Campos Member Posts: 1
    Hi.

I got the same error that "dayscott" reports.
    I did what the "vaprog" said.

Now I got the error in attachment.

Can you help me, please?

• Options
    OvifoOvifo Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I downloaded the NDT and installed it but I am also having the same problem with the 200-1 error in .stx.
    Any solution for this problem?
    I am using NAV 2009 SP1 Switzerland

Thanks,
    Ovifo

EDIT: I downloaded the hotfix 31695, copied the cfront files and the fin.stx from .\Classic\ENU and it works :)
  • Options
    Carlos_PtCarlos_Pt Member Posts: 21
    Hi all, im trying to do an object migration using this version of toolkit and im getting this error:

2qnm9n8.png

DevTool.exe crashes almost at the end of the merge process.

Already happened 3 times, any ideas?
    Im using windows 7 enterprise edition x86
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    This How To might be useful:
    The latest version of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer’s Toolkit (version 3.01.410) is developed for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009. Therefore, you need to create the Developer’s Toolkit database with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 client executables.

This How To article describes how you can make version 3.01.410 of the Developer’s Toolkit work with a Developer’s Toolkit database created with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 client executables.

The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer’s Toolkit (NDT) uses C/Front to connect to the NDT database. You can make the Developer’s Toolkit connect to a database that was created with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 client executables by following these steps:
    1. Install a Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Classic client
    2. Install the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer’s Toolkit version 3.01.410
    3. Create the Developer’s Toolkit database following the instructions in the Developer’s Toolkit manual
    4. Install C/Front for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1
    5. Copy the following C/FRONT files from the C/Front installation folder to the Developer's Toolkit folder:
      CFRONT.DLL
      cfront.ocx
      cfrontsql.dll
      Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CFront.CFrontDotNet.dll
      Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CFront.CFrontDotNet.xml

Note:
      C/Front is by default installed in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\SDK\CFRONT.
      The Developer's Toolkit is by default installed in the following directory: C:\Program Files \Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Developers Toolkit
    6. Copy the following files from the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic client folder to the Developer's Toolkit folder:
      nc_netb.dll
      nc_tcp.dll
      nc_tcps.dll
      ndbcs.dll
      slave.exe
      dbm.dlll

Note: The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic client is by default installed in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic
      The Developer's Toolkit is by default installed in the following directory: C:\Program Files \Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Developers Toolkit

Source: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... 009sp1.htm
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Of course I need the DTK right AFTER I've upgraded my machine to R2.... This would be so much easier if they'd just include the right files in the installer....
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I have problem with entering the date when importing objects: I am still getting

Error
    '0201.2.2011' is not a valid date.
    OK
    when I enter 21.2.2011 into Date field in Import Version Card. It is so strange, that it is still adding the zeros into the date...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    MaciMaci Member Posts: 65
    Hi

I´m excuting the merge process, and when arrive to Reports objects, program send an error saying "Database error : 1097" and they seems to continue, and is a reeeeeally slooooowly process (hours!)... but finally stop the merge process, near Report 702, and finally system froze.

After that, you can open de NDT DB, and I see was created tables and forms, but report just about 20.

Solutions? Can I delete some objects (think in reports) to finish correctly the merge?

Thanks
  • Options
    rami220rami220 Member Posts: 4
    thank's You saved my date :whistle:
  • Options
    LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
    We also had to copy the R2 .stx file (dated 12/11/10) from the NAV 2009 folder into the Developers Toolkit folder in order for the Toolkit to start without error.
  • Options
    urpokurpok Member Posts: 23
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer's Toolkit Being Discontinued as of October 1, 2011
    Microsoft ended support for the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer's Toolkit (NDT) in January 2010. Accordingly, Microsoft has decided to discontinue sale of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer’s toolkit -Source Analyzer and Developer’s Toolkit – Compare & Merge modules to customers via the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Price list and SPLA effective October 1, 2011.

So better just forget this pile of... code.
    "There is no spoon."
    --Matrix

https://navurpo.blogspot.com/?view=classic
  • Options
    mheijkantmheijkant Member Posts: 14
    Installed this version on a Windows 2008 R2 server with Terminal services.
    Because the server is secure (in theory), users can't run this programm without adding a GPO Software Restriction Policy for the DevTool.exe file.
    So far this works, but after selecting the right database and account and password, the programm hangs and crashes.
    I can't seem to find the reason for this, but I expect it has to do with the required GPO-SRP on this programm.
    Tried to use systernal processmonitor and processexplorer but where unable to find the reason. Als the exenlog won't give any clue if a programm is unreadable.
    The GPO-SRP isn't applied for the administrator account, and the programm works fine for the administrator.
    Has anyone come across this same issue and were you able to resolve this?

Thanks for your reply.
  • Options
    mheijkantmheijkant Member Posts: 14
    How about that, still having the same problem.

Faulting application name: DevTool.exe, version: 3.1.0.410, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0002ecaa
    Faulting process id: 0xa54
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cd8547b1d1fb42
    Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Developers Toolkit 3.01.410\DevTool.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 1f149a25-f13b-11e1-88b4-00155d007545
  • Options
    dronychdronych Member Posts: 9
    edited 2012-08-30
    Can this version of Toolkit (the latest as for now) work with 2009R2, but not with 2009SP1 version?

P.S. Resolved. the answer is yes, it can.
  • Options
    dronychdronych Member Posts: 9
    Ana Campos wrote:
    Hi.

I got the same error that "dayscott" reports.
    I did what the "vaprog" said.

Now I got the error in attachment.

Can you help me, please?

Try copying the fin.flf and .stx file from the NAV installation folder to DevToolkit installation folder.
  • Options
    hradilikhradilik Member Posts: 2
    kine wrote:
    I have problem with entering the date when importing objects: I am still getting

Error
    '0201.2.2011' is not a valid date.
    OK
    when I enter 21.2.2011 into Date field in Import Version Card. It is so strange, that it is still adding the zeros into the date...

With the help of friends I solved it. Problem is in regional setting (for date).
    It is necessary to switch regional setting (Region and Language) to "English (United States)" - just for import.
  • Options
    ChowdaryChowdary Member Posts: 148
    The latest version of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer’s Toolkit (version 3.01.410) is developed for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009. Therefore, you need to create the Developer’s Toolkit database with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 client executables.

This How To article describes how you can make version 3.01.410 of the Developer’s Toolkit work with a Developer’s Toolkit database created with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 client executables.

The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer’s Toolkit (NDT) uses C/Front to connect to the NDT database. You can make the Developer’s Toolkit connect to a database that was created with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 client executables by following these steps:
    3. Create the Developer’s Toolkit database following the instructions in the Developer’s Toolkit manual
    5. Copy the following C/FRONT files from the C/Front installation folder to the Developer's Toolkit folder:
      CFRONT.DLL
      cfront.ocx
      cfrontsql.dll

Note:
      C/Front is by default installed in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\SDK\CFRONT.
    6. Copy the following files from the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic client folder to the Developer's Toolkit folder:
      nc_netb.dll
      nc_tcp.dll
      nc_tcps.dll
      ndbcs.dll
      slave.exe
      dbm.dlll

Note: The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic client is by default installed in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic

Hi Thanks for the post,

I can't see C/Front folder, what am I missing?

Thank you for the valuable response!

Regards
    Chowdary
    Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work
  • Options
    kamalbaaklinikamalbaaklini Member Posts: 37
    Hello,
    I am not able to find the DTK to download the latest version.

where can I find it?

Thank you

Chowdary wrote:

CFRONT.DLL
      cfront.ocx
      cfrontsql.dll

Note:
      nc_netb.dll
      nc_tcp.dll
      nc_tcps.dll
      ndbcs.dll
      slave.exe
      dbm.dlll

Hi Thanks for the post,

I can't see C/Front folder, what am I missing?

Thank you for the valuable response!

Regards
    Chowdary
  • Options
    mcorvaisiermcorvaisier Member Posts: 19
    Hello,

Does anyone know if a compatible version with Nav 2013 is expected ?

Thanks.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    Never.

The upgrading of the NAV developer's toolkit has been stopped some time ago.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Nope, NAV Developer Toolkit is discontinued since 1st Ocotber 2011, Microsoft suggest using MergeTool.

Ops, simultaneous post :oops: