Overflow in decimal

cbrandemanncbrandemann Member Posts: 4
edited 2008-11-28 in Navision Attain
Hello,

During restoring a backup in Navision Attain I got an “Overflow in decimal” error. Due to a mistake in the C/AL-code a very great decimal amount (20.785.095.893.992.374,1) has been stored in the Navision Financial database.
My problem is: I can’t remove this great amount. I have tried a modify & delete without triggers. I got always the “Overflow in decimal” error. As had any of you a similar problem and how does you solved it? Or have you any idea for a solution.

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    Try to do backup if it is possible. Then restore in SQL and modify by using SQL tools.
  • AfonsoAfonso Member Posts: 27
    Hello,

Try to do like this:

First you retore only objects(threre is one option on the backup restore), and you change or comment the code wich is making the error;

Second, restore the data information.

Hope this helps,

Afonso
  • cbrandemanncbrandemann Member Posts: 4
    Afonso wrote:
    Hello,

Try to do like this:

First you retore only objects(threre is one option on the backup restore), and you change or comment the code wich is making the error;

Second, restore the data information.

Hope this helps,

Afonso

The error in the code has been solveld already. The problem is changing data in the database.
  • cbrandemanncbrandemann Member Posts: 4
    i4tost wrote:
    Try to do backup if it is possible. Then restore in SQL and modify by using SQL tools.

:-) Thanks. Problem solved
  • lbadenaslbadenas Member Posts: 2
    I'm facing a similar trouble....

How is it possible that navision native DB allows insertion of data that exceeds data type limit?

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I',ve never seen this before
    and it seems very easy to replicate the crash...

just create a table with a decimal field

then try to insert a value greater than 3.000.000.000.000.000 it shows an overflow exception.

now create a Codeunit and make this codeunit insert.
    Something like this
    rec.index:=1;
    rec.dec1:=300.000.000.000.000 * 10;
    rec.insert

No crash, even you can view the field if you run the table!!!!!

=D> =D> =D>

Incredible!!!!!!!

any feedback about this?

regards

LLuis