Options

Login error when working with sql in windows authenctication

amarnathamarnath Member Posts: 51
edited 2009-10-05 in SQL General
hi friends,
I have connected the system and navision with sql on the same system and it has network functionality . It is able to connect to other system in the network using the the sql authentication user. But with the windows authenctication from the client side i get this error.

229,42000{microsoft]{odbc sql server driver} {Sql server} the exceute permission was denied on the object 'xp_ndo_enumusergroups', database 'master', 'dbo'.

To be more specific i have a database navision . which i use in the sql mode to work and all users have a super role privillege.
AMARNATH SRINATH

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    The Public role needs to be granted execute rights to the extended stored procedure 'xp_ndo_enumusergroups'. In SSMS, open databases, system databases, master, programmability, extended stored procedures. You should see the 'xp_ndo_enumusergroups' and the 'xp_ndo_enumusersids'. If the public role is not already there you'll have to add it. On the permissions page in the properties click the 'Add' button and type in 'public' and then hit OK. The public role should now be in the 'Users or roles' area. In the bottom half of the window put a checkmark in the 'Grant' column, for the 'Execute' line. Click OK. Repeat for both extended stored procedures. Done.
  • Options
    Can you be more clear i am new to this platform and unable to understand where to do this
    AMARNATH SRINATH
  • Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Read the "w1w1isql.pdf" Capter 1.1
    The w1w1isql.pdf is on the Installation CD/ DV in DOC folder.
    If you doesn't have the product CD search the web or mibuso for w1w1isql.pdf or download the CD from our Downloadsection here.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    amarnath wrote:
    Can you be more clear i am new to this platform and unable to understand where to do this
    It is in SQL Server Management Studio, and I gave you detailed steps. Can you tell me exactly what it is that you don't understand?
  • Options
    Thanks all it work but i have a select database permission error. when i am trying windows authenctication. Can you tell me how to proceed with it.
    AMARNATH SRINATH
  • Options
    mbrownmbrown Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

Does anyone possibly have any other suggestions to try? I am trying to create a windows login but cannot login and receive the following error message when trying to synch the windows login. I have followed all the suggestions below including w1w1isql but still no luck. We're on NAV 4.0, SQL 2005 64bit.
  • Options
    kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Have you installed the dll following the instructions on the SQL Installation manual?
  • Options
    mbrownmbrown Member Posts: 16
    Yes as I mentioned I've gone step by step through the manual. I've double checked everything and I've also restarted the server with no luck.