Axapta Server/Deployment Exam

Gavin_SmithGavin_Smith Member Posts: 10
edited 2005-07-04 in Dynamics AX
I am about to attempt this exam for the second time, does anyone have or could point me in the correct direction regarding the training materials/ documents that should be covered as not all the answers are in the server training manual

Comments

• jacklinbjacklinb Member Posts: 1
    Gavin,

Did you take the exam again?

I'm not familiar with the Server manual you mention.

But I have Axapta Introduction and Axapta Installation & Configuration which correspond to eCourses of the same name.

Database Basics in the Axapta Foundation Library is supposed to be THE recommended course for this exam.

Could you tell me more about the "Server manual"?

Thanks,
    Brian
  • Gavin_SmithGavin_Smith Member Posts: 10
    Hi Brian,

The "Server Manual" that I refer to is the MBS Axapta Deployment Course documentation and yes I have passed my certification requirement.

Good luck in your certification quest.
  • agjamesagjames Member Posts: 1
    Gavin,

I too find that the MBS Axapta Deployment manual did not cover all the topics in the exam. May I ask what did the trick for you on your second attempt?

Regards
  • cleganclegan Member Posts: 2
    :lol:

Has anyone passed this exam lately? If so what did you use to pass it?

Thanks
  • slawkoslawko Member Posts: 6
    hi
    whta do you think about documents: Axapta Installation & Configuration I and II
    Are they worth buying?

Slawek
  • MugurMugur Member Posts: 93
    Hi,

Bellow some free stuff you need to know before taking the exam:

- Axapta On-Line help, in the Administration module, for all the forms and reports regarding performance, installation, configuration.

- almost all .chm in Axapta's client's installation folder (Bin subfolder), like
    Axapta dev guide (only the installation&configuration sections), axapta config utility, axapta server manager, etc.

- other training tools & materials:

technet.navision.com (like the sizing guide, etc.)
    training.navision.com

Lineguides for the exam (details, subjects covered & percentage): mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource

Hope this helps.

Mugur[/list]
    Kind regards,

Ciprian Dudau
    Axapta Developer
  • cleganclegan Member Posts: 2
    :?

I have purchased both manuals and have failed the exam twice. I missed it by less than 5 questions. The bad news is, that a lot of the test is not covered in the Install & config I, II manuals. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks
  • hamletashamletas Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    so I failed the exam (Axapta Installation & Configuration), but I learnt Web deployment, and MS-SQL courses.

Could I get a copy Installation & Configuration I and II courses?

e-mail: hamletas@gmail.com

P.S. Very very please :)
    Stasys Peldzius