Options

First Letter Capital

milindmilind Member Posts: 130
Is it possible to store the Information in the table with Initial letter capital for each word.

e.g If I type the Customer Name as mark robin

Is it possible that navision will convert it into Mark Robin and store it as Mark Robin? Is there any function for this .

Comments

• Options
    vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    There is 1 property name "Title" if u set it to Yes then it will take first character automatically capital and it will also save first character as a capital in table.ok
    Vikram Dabas
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    Yes, it is possible and I've written a function for that in the past:
    NormalizeText(Text : Text[1024]) NewText : Text[1024]
    // > TL4.03:04 >>>
    J := 1;
    FOR I := 2 TO STRLEN(Text) DO
      IF (Text[I] IN [' ',';',',','.','/','(',')','&','+','-']) OR (I = STRLEN(Text)) THEN BEGIN  // List of Seperators
        NewText += UPPERCASE(COPYSTR(Text,J,1)) + LOWERCASE(COPYSTR(Text,J + 1,I - J));
        J := I + 1;
      END;
    // < TL4.03:04 <<<

Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    There is 1 property name "Title" if u set it to Yes then it will take first character automatically capital and it will also save first character as a capital in table.ok

Hehe, cool ;-) I've seen somewhere functions created for this functionality, but you can never beat "by default" functions ;-) KISS.
  • Options
    vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Dear Tomas
    U r right but we have property then y we will use the function.it will become complex.ok
    Vikram Dabas
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Dear Tomas
    U r right but we have property then y we will use the function.it will become complex.ok

The only problem of Title property is that it will not fix the data that was entered already using lowercase letters. However, to think of it, neither will new function.

Anyway, vikram7_dabas, thanks for your insights!