ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
Snap-in failed to initialize
Name: Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Manager
CLSID:{50000003-0000-1000-0001-0000836BD2D2}

This is after installing NAS 5.00 NL

Comments

• MW59MW59 Member Posts: 85
    Just a couple ideas...

- on the installation screen asking for Host and Service, be sure you add "-CLASSIC" to the machine name

- ensure the Startup Parameter is OSYNCH (for Outlook Integration, anyway)

mw
    I despise animal testing. They get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be that wrong version of MSXML.DLL is registered. Did you tried to reinstall the NAS?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I saw this on one of my client pc. He installed nas on two pcs. One installed fine. The other gave the error.
    I don't know the cause yet,
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    The NAS itself is working. I've set the parameters through the registry. First I installed it on a server where the snapin 4.02 was working. After installing 5.0 version it failed. Reinstall doesn't help.

On a clean server it fails too. I can't find anything about this CLSID to re-register a dll.
  • IdlenessIdleness Member Posts: 46
    I don't know exactly why but it is related to XML. If you install SQL2005 (any version at all), uninstall and reinstall the NAS the snap in will work. It doesn't however show the service details (at least it doesn't for me) I had to add them manually.

Choose the custom install option for NAS and it will show you the registry key names it creates. After the nas has finished create a new application in the snap in leave localhost, underneath that enter the exact same name that you set (or left as default) during the nas install (either classic or sql). You can then complete the details.

Just for info, if during the nas install you give both options the same name, only a single reg key is created.

I hope this helps.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n