Options

Error Synchronization N5.0 with MS Outlook 2003

HannaHanna Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I have a problem with the synchronization between N5.0 and MS Outlook.

I have installed the following components:

-> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER R2
-> Client: WINDOWS XP SP2
-> Windows Net
-> Dynamics NAV 5.0 (Spain version)
-> SQL Server 2005
-> MS Outlook 2003
-> When installing dynamics NAV client, customized installation was selected, with Integration Outlook Component as additional installation.
-> NAS was installed sellecting Integration outlook component as additional installation.
-> NAS is running with OSYNCH parameter and without errors, with an administrator user and with role SUPER in Dynamics NAV.
--> I have copied license file to NAS directory as fin.flf
-> OUTLOOK ADD-IN is installed.
-> I have copied license file to Add-in directory as fin.flf
-> Users login as Windows conexions.

When I open MS outlook, in settings tool bar, the following parameters are selected:
-> Microsoft Dynamics NAV database Server
-> C/FRONT.NET.
-> Server Name: I have selected it from the list.
-> Database Name: I have selected it from the list.
-> Company Name: I have selected it from the list.

But then, the error comes when I try to execute TEST CONNECTION:

A Microsoft Dynamics NAV Synchronization Add-in Error Occurred
The connection to "NAV" Microsoft Dynamics NAV database failed. The program returned the following error:

The response from Microsoft Dynamics NAV has not been received because of connection timeout. Please check if the Microsoft Dynamics NAV server is running and try again later. If the problem persists increase the timeout value in the configuration file.

Please verify your synchronization settings. If the problem persists contact your system administrator.
Aceptar

Any ideas?????

Has anyone been able to connect N5.0 with MS Outlook?

Best Regards,

Anna.

Comments

• Options
    HannaHanna Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,

I'd like you to know that I have been able to solve this error.

I have changed differents Timeouts until I have found the one that solve the problem.

You will have to check your SQL Server 2005 configuration:
    -> SErver\Properties\Advanced\Network.

In my case, Remote Login Timeout was '20', so I changed to '1000'.

This error is solved now.

Hanna
  • Options
    logu_cbelogu_cbe Member Posts: 54
    Hi Guys,

I am also having same problem.

But Hanna's solution didnt worked out for me.

I can really appreciate any suggestion to figureout this issue.

Thanks,
    Logu
  • Options
    nav001nav001 Member Posts: 39
    Hi there,

Im getting the same error, Hanna's fix has not worked for me either. Has anyone got this working?
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Have you guys tried this with Office 2007? On the 5.0 pre-release roadshow, I remember the speaker said that 5.0 Outlook Integration only works with Outlook 2007. :|
  • Options
    nav001nav001 Member Posts: 39
    Hi Alex,
    Im using office 2003. Im sure Ive read somewhere that Office 03 could be used and it seems in the message above Hanna, is using Office 03 as well.
  • Options
    sailorsailor Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

I've got the same problem with Office 2003. Hanna's solution didn't work either.

Has anybody solved this issue?
  • Options
    raven44raven44 Member Posts: 85
    i think the order of installation is quite specific.
    try uninstalling NAV.
    Install .NET first
    then reinstall NAV and components.
  • Options
    The 5.0 Outlook synchronisation should now work without having NAV installed. Just the add-in is enough.

Anyway, I made some other tests. Instead of having the NAS runing I started the codeunit 448 Job Queue Dispatcher with the client (nassql) instead and it works :D

The strange thing is that I still cannot make it run with the NAS. Even when I call the codeunit directly in NASHandler. Must be something with the NAV Timer. It doesn't catch the event. :-k

When I do some tests with synchronisation (changing phone number i.e.) and sync again, I'll get the next error message "An error has occured during the synchronisation process. You can find the error details in the log file. Please contact your System Administrator."

I can't find an approriate log file for that.
    Any ideas?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    if you have problem with timer, check if you installed Business Notification server for NAV. If yes, uninstall it. It collide with the NTimer dll somehow sometime...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Hi Kamil,

yes I had Business Notification server installed on the same machine. By removing it everything works fine now.

Thank you very much!
  • Options
    CROACHCROACH Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Found that the NAS must be installed; Ensure that if using TCP not TCPS the outlook.exe.configuration file is updated. When entering the company name for the NAS do not replace "." with an underscore "_". Ensure to check the eventlog to determine if the NAS started successfully, not the services as it says it is started even if the company name was not valid.

After reviewing with MBS Support we were able to resolve after receiving the following checklist:

5.0 Outlook Integration Installation Check List:
    Prerequisites:

• Microsoft Outlook Client
    o Microsoft Office XP
    o Microsoft Office 2003, with CDO (Collaboration Data Object) installed
    o Microsoft Office 2007 (32 bit or 64 bit)
    • .Net Framework 2.0
    • Dynamics NAV Application Server

Installation steps:

1. Install Dynamics NAV client
    a. Make sure to select Custom install and check the Outlook Integration option
    2. Install Dynamics NAV Database Server (Only for Native option)
    3. Install Dynamics NAV Application Server
    a. Make sure to select Custom install and check the Outlook Integration option
    b. Start-Up Parameter is OSYNCH
    c. Create Windows Login in NAV with Super role for the account running the application server, by default Network Service
    d. Start NAS service – go to Event Viewer and make sure the application server started up with Startup Parameter OSYNCH
    4. Configure NAV client for Outlook Integration
    a. Activate the Change Log from Administration menu, IT Administration, General Setup, Change Log Setup. Close the company and open it again to make the change log setting take effect
    b. Create Windows Logins for the users who you will be setting Outlook Integration up for
    c. Assign Synchronization Entities to users – Administration menu, Application Setup, Microsoft Office Outlook Integration, Outlook Synch. User Setup
    i. Select a user and one of the 5 pre-defined synchronization entities
    ii. Go to Setup button, Register in Change Log Setup
    5. Install Outlook Add-in from Product CD, Additional Tools. The synchronization toolbar will appear in Outlook
    6. Configure Outlook Add-in
    a. Settings, Connection tab
    i. Select server type
    ii. Select server name
    iii. For SQL option select Database Name (not necessary for Native option)
    iv. Select Company Name
    v. Select Test Connection
    vi. If you are running the native option and you have installed network protocol TCP/IP you have to modify the Outlook.exe.config file, which you find in the root folder of your Microsoft Office suite. For Office 2007 this is Program Files\Microsoft Office, Office12. Open the Outlook.exe.config file and search for “tcps” and you will find this line: <add key =”NativeProtocolType” value=”NativeTcps”></add>. Change the value for NativeProtocolType from “NativeTcps” to “NativeTcp”.
    b. Folders tab
    i. Create folders for synchronization entries and select a folder for each entity selected for the user in NAV

7. Synchronize
    a. First time you synchronize you have to run Full Synchronization. You can add the Full Synchronization option from Settings, Customize tab. Following you only have to run Synchronize (unless you add a new entity to the user)

Documentation:
    PartnerSource:
    What's New in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 Application Part I
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Outlook Integration Installation & Setup
    Technical White Paper
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/documentation/whitepapers/navandoutlookintegration_installationandsetup.htm?printpage=false

Dynamics NAV product CD:
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/downloads/releases/MicrosoftDynamicsNAV50.htm

Installation & System Management: C/SIDE Database Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Installation & System Management: SQL Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Installation & System Management: Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    Cheers,

Christian Roach
    Navision Implementer
    Open Door Technology Inc.
  • Options
    ckndr47ckndr47 Member Posts: 100
    Hi,

I have followed all those steps, but still i am getting this error:
    Any Resolution?

The connection to "Demo Database NAV (5-0)" Microsoft Dynamics NAV database failed. The program returned the following error:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Codeunit execution for response Error: Overflow under type conversion of Text to Text.

Value: Q3xsRAUFLu+/vVlL77+9Ku+/ve+/ve+/vVbvv73vv70I

Please verify your synchronization settings. If the problem persists contact your system administrator.
    OK

Thanks and Regards,

Sikandar Memon
    Serenic Corporation
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I had similar problem but I have no time to work on it. For me it seems like problem of decoding/encoding or something similar...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    This might be some help to you guys..

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... -us;936064
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ckndr47ckndr47 Member Posts: 100
    I am done with the configuration; and its working fine now; and i have tested the same stuff on several machines.

The problem that everybody is ignoring here is, the outlook profile has to be sink with the navision database user.

Lets say you have ur outlook profile setup with 'abc.def' @ '123' domain, then you have to make sure that in 'OutLook Synch. User Setup' you setup the 'Outlook Synch. Entity' with your outlook user.

I have done several experiments; and its working in all the environments (i.e. local admin login with blank outlook profile, with domain login)

But if you are using Native version; then you have to make sure that in outlook.exe.config file you change the NativeProtocolType from 'NativeTcps' to 'NativeTcp'.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sikandar Memon
  • Options
    lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
    ckndr47 wrote:
    Hi,

Any Resolution?

The connection to "Demo Database NAV (5-0)" Microsoft Dynamics NAV database failed. The program returned the following error:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Codeunit execution for response Error: Overflow under type conversion of Text to Text.

OK

Thanks and Regards,

Sikandar Memon
    Serenic Corporation

I am getting the exact same error message, strangely the connection first worked, but after adding folders and users it stopped. Did you find a solution for this?
    Navision developer
  • Options
    thassocthassoc Member Posts: 3
    Try removing the .Net v2 patch (KB928365) if it's installed and re-test. It worked for me care of MS Support on SQL Server 2005, Windows Server 2003 and Outlook 2007.
  • Options
    JTillmannJTillmann Member Posts: 11
    ckndr47 wrote:
    Hi,

Any Resolution?

OK

Thanks and Regards,

Sikandar Memon
    Serenic Corporation

There's a bug in Codeunit 5306 "Outlook Synch. Export Schema", in function GetCurrentSchemaCheckSum(...):

The problem is:
    CheckSum := HashCalculator.CalculateFromLongTextBase64(Container);

While the HashCalculator function returns a Text with length 64, the checksum variable has only length 32, thus getting the overflow.

So change the checksum length and in this codeunit every other other checksum variable connected with this and it should work (at least a little better :wink:).
  • Options
    elysavalelysaval Member Posts: 24
    I followed all your instructions step by step and i solved some problems but still have this message when i try to Synchronize contacts from outlook to Navision (Outlook 2003 and Navision 5.0 SQL):

Overflow under type conversion of Text to Text.

Value: 77+964ypdu+/vWFq77+977+9Vu+/vXHvv70G77+9z55G77+9

which is different from the previous one. I corrected codeunit 5306 whith your instructions, may be there is another object to correct, how can i debug through the routine ? I try to launch codeunits 5307 or 5308 directly from Navision but the message is "The codeunit Outlook Synch. Synchronize All must be called with a Job Queue Entry Record", who puts records in this table ?

Thank You very much ! Bye. Elisa.

I solved disinstalling .Net v2 patch (KB928365) Thanks !
  • Options
    facadefacade Member Posts: 57
    Connection will work fine if you correct all those functions with 32 > 64, but then you'll get an unspecified error - to be continued on monday...
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    thassoc wrote:
    Try removing the .Net v2 patch (KB928365) if it's installed and re-test. It worked for me care of MS Support on SQL Server 2005, Windows Server 2003 and Outlook 2007.

With
    windows 2003
    outlook 2007
    nav 5

after removing .NET V2 Patch, when I click test connection I get error message:

The connection to "IvoryLedoux" Microsoft Dynamics NAV database failed. The program returned the following error:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Codeunit execution for response Error: The value of COPYSTR parameter 2 is outside of the permitted range.

The current value is: -2.
    The permitted range is: from 1 to 2147483647.

OK

Any ideas, what might have gone wrongly?
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Tomas wrote:
    thassoc wrote:

With
    windows 2003
    outlook 2007
    nav 5

after removing .NET V2 Patch, when I click test connection I get error message:

The connection to "IvoryLedoux" Microsoft Dynamics NAV database failed. The program returned the following error:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Codeunit execution for response Error: The value of COPYSTR parameter 2 is outside of the permitted range.

The current value is: -2.
    The permitted range is: from 1 to 2147483647.

OK

Any ideas, what might have gone wrongly?

To make it more interesting.

If I login as Administrator to the system, and I click test connection, I get the status report that connection works fine. If I log in with other username (which has administrator rights as well) I get the error message defined above. Any ideas?
  • Options
    rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
    There is a bug in code unit 449 Job Queue Start Codeunit finuction HasWinPermission whereby it fails if the length of the user id is greater than the win login id. This may be the case somewhere else as well. I succeded by using the smallest length userid I could find but you could try adding this:

IF STRLEN(Winlogin.ID) > STRLEN(UserId2) THEN
    Found := ......

hope it helps
  • Options
    MatthijsMatthijs Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I want to add another error message to this thread... With the help of all former messages in this thread I have come to the point that I now can synchronize my salespersons. For the other three standard synchronize etities I get a new error message:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Codeunit execution for response Error: A '=' is missing in TransferFormulaData.

WHERE(Type=CONST(Meeting),Canceled=CONST(No),System To-do Type=CONST(Organizer),Team Code=CONST())

The formula is the formula for the APP entity. I have checked settings with the outlook integration VPC image from MBS, and as far as I can see all settings are the same, only difference is that I am using outlook 2003 and not 2007. Anyone already seen this error and solved it? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    MatthijsMatthijs Member Posts: 2
    FYI I reported the error to Microsoft and they replied that they are currently testing a new release of Outlook integration which should fix the problems. In a few weeks it should be available, so we must have a little patience I guess
  • Options
    PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    edited 2008-01-16
    I have the exact same problem as matthijs, but only on native. If I use SQL Server, it works without a hitch...

Not true. Got the same error with a new SQL install...
  • Options
    Ok, found a solution for that last problem too (from Matthijs). It's the regional settings. If you create a user for the NAS, it gets the default regional settings. You probably need to change this. This can be done in two ways:

Logoff: Logon as the user you use for the NAS. Go to regional settings. Change it to what is should be. Logoff. Logon as the default user. Restart the service.
    or
    Start a commandprompt. Type RUNAS /user:<username> %comspec%
    Type the password. A second dosprompt is opened
    Type intl.cpl. The regional settings can now be changed. Press OK. Restart the NAS Service...

I received the latest update (prerelease) from Microsoft. It's working with the .NET update also. It should be available very soon...

You should also copy the right language file (fin.stx) to the NAS directory. It has to match the license file and the language of the client...
  • Options
    shivanshivan Member Posts: 4
    Sorry if I wrote this reply at the wrong place but it's my first reply...

I fallow the instruction that was posted before in this topic to configure my outlook integration but the that falow still present:

When I test the connection, I've got this message:

The connection to name of database Microsoft Dynamics NAV dabase failed. The program returned the fallowing error:

The current value is -2.
    The permitted range is from 1 to 2147483647

Please verify your synchronization settings. If the problem persists cntact your system administrator.

I don't know of witch codeunit the error speak.

Thank you
  • Options
    A tip I got from Microsoft while testing the prerelease: Try running it without using the NAS. So start a client, start codeunit 448, and then try the synchronisation. A lot of problems are caused by the NAS, and if this works, you know there is some wrong setting with the NAS...
  • Options
    shivanshivan Member Posts: 4
    The error still persit after I stop the NAs and run the codeunit 448. :-k