Matrix Forms - CurrForm Positioning

slowhandfanslowhandfan Member Posts: 56
I have written about 20 - 30 Matrix forms for an apparell customer, with size variants along the X axis and Locations along the Y axis. They are all working but they all have one problem.

The Matrix is on the subform and parameters passed to it through a function defined on the SUBFORM.

As I press the NEXT button on the root form, ONAFTERGETRECORD calls the function in the SUBFORM and the contents of the MATRIX update on each record.

THE PROBLEM: As you proceed through the records on the NEXT button on the root FORM, the MATRIX data on then subform comes up shifted all the way to the left(you can only see the last column), and you have to position to Column 1 of the Matrix by dropping into the SUBFORM and clicking on the horizontal positioning bar.

EXTREMELY inconvienent to say the least and the users hate it.

By adding a CURRFORM.matMATRIX.Matrixrec.FIND('-') in the function called, I get all new records to start in Column 1 of the Matrix, but the subform goes nuts if you position into the subform and then back to the root form.... and since they are all update screens, that is not good

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO on the Subject?

The Matrix Model I used was right out of MIBUSO HOW-TO's....

Comments

• Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Ouch. Some form options you might try to play around on the subform: ActiveControlOnOpen, Autoposition, SavePosAndSize (these two are about something else but might be related)
  • slowhandfanslowhandfan Member Posts: 56
    I appreciate it... I have tried every option on the subform and main form, but so far to no effect.

I am really at a loss on this one
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    Try to call the function to update the subform in the OnAfterGetCurrentRecord-trigger of the main form.

In the the function of the subform, do your find and then do a Currform.UPDATE(FALSE);. This will then refresh the subform.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!