Upgrade 3.7a - 4.0sp3 on SQL

raven44raven44 Member Posts: 85
edited 2007-03-01 in SQL General
Hi,
Breakdown:
Nav 3.7a on SQL v8.0
upgrading to Nav 4.0sp3 on SQL 2005

Does this sound problematic already? ;)

The upgrade was going fine up until the Database Test on the upgraded database laying on the new SQL version.
(Step 18 in the 370_400 Quickguides document for the Upgrade Toolkit).

The database test hangs when trying to do all tests excluding the relationships.
Therefore I narrowed it down to just Primary keys and data & Test Blobs.
I got errors as follows:

Error: The following SQL Server error(s) occurred: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Lock request time out period exceeded.
Error: The following SQL Server error(s) occurred: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The database snapshot for online checks could not be created. Either the reason is given in a previous error or one of the underlying volumes does not support sparse files or alternate streams. Attempting to get exclusive access to run checks offline.

When opening SQL Mgt. studio and trying to get the Properties of the db, I got the Lock request Time out Period exceeded error.

Anyone have any ideas on the following?
Thanks in advance

Answers

• raven44raven44 Member Posts: 85
    ..ok, able to get into the Properties of the database through SQL after closing everything and re-opening
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Be sure that you are only user in the DB when running the test. Close all other programs like Management studio etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I have tried to run the test with the following:
    - I was the only one on the database.
    - Navision is the only application that is running.

Received the same logs.
    let the test run over the weekend.
    completed successfully - hopefully the previous error message doesn't result in errors later on.
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    [Topic moved from Navision to SQL General forum]