Options

Windows Permissions to Open Database

allan1956allan1956 Member Posts: 11
I recently converted a 4.0 SP2 setup using the Navision database over to SQL Server 2005 (Express Edition) on a 2003 Server. I also changed over to using Windows Authentication instead of Database Authentication

The NAV client is run via terminal services to the same box where the database sits. Each user has a separte Win2003 account.

The database open and everything else seems to work fine if people have Admin rights on the server. If I set them to less, even power user, then the database open fails saying the names/password don't match or arent valid.

Obviously it looks like a permissions issue, but where? Any ideas where to start looking?

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    did you run sync ater your changes?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I recommend to use SP3 and the Standard security model. It will solve big problems with the long synchronization you need to run after each change in the permssion system of NAV.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from Navision Financials forum to Navision forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    4.0 SP2 in SQL Server 2005 has somes issues. Upgrade to SP3 or apply some hotfixes.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    allan1956allan1956 Member Posts: 11
    >>did you run sync ater your changes?

Nope. Is this a Naviion thing? - In case its not obvious I am the IT guy left to keep running, the Navision partner we used is - well lets say busy elsewhere

Ill do the SP3 upgrade and find this sync thing.

thanks
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    All around synchronization of permissions you can find in file "Security Synchronization in Navision 4.0 SP3.doc" in DOC folder on SP3 install CD.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.