Options

Navison 4.0 SP2 NODBC

estherwuestherwu Member Posts: 18
anyone has problem using SP2 NODBC? When trying to import data into Excel using MS Query or linked table from MS Access, I got an error saying "The combination of user ID and password entered is invalid. Try again. Database Error: 1237 Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed"

But I checked and rechecked the login ID and password and it is correct. I can even see the company list within my Navision db, and was able to select the Company in the ODBC setup window. And tested connection. We are 100% sure the login is correct.

Any idea??? ](*,)

Comments

• Options
    jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    I had this problem to. I fixed it by changing my Navision password. I then entered the new password in the system DSN for the NODBC connection. I also had to make sure that the license file was imported to the ODBC data source.
    kind of fell into this...
  • Options
    Scott_FrappierScott_Frappier Member Posts: 90
    There are known bugs with 4.0 SP2 and N/ODBC. You should contact Microsoft for the updated files (CFRONT and ODBC) as there has been a patch issued for numerous issues that have been present.
    Scott Frappier
    Vice President, Deployment Operations

Symbiant Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.symbiantsolutions.com
  • Options
    I changed the password in Navision as jversusj suggested, and re-create the data source but still got the same error...

after changing the password in nav, do you need to restart the server or logout or something????

I've contacted microsoft..but feeling like I probably won't hear anything back from them soon.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

](*,)
  • Options
    I think I have figured it out..the SP2 bug somehow doesn't know how to remember the password entered in the Data Source set up window. Everytime I entered the password, then click OK to get out of that window, then i click on the 'configure' button to go back in, and then click on the company it will say incorrect password...i tried it 5-6 times and it just doesn't store the password corretly in the data source setup window..

so I change my login with a blank password and now it works!

thanks!
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Hello
    Ran into this issue onsite, the solution without password worked. I created a separate login with readonly access w/out password.\

Thanks.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n